The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterv

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Nice shots everyone, this thread is filled with eye candy.

NEX 7 with 24, two from last week:

The snow is melting rapidly here in the north of the Netherlands.

jonoslack

Lovely Peter - snow melted in southern Holland today too.
Ingo - welcome - nice shots - the Hawks adapter is such fun (it's been discussed before, but always good to bring it up again - the newer ones have 'focus' tabs on them as well).

Happy Valentines day (a bit late, as you can see by the faded roses)

NEX7 with the 18-55 kit lens

peterv

Jono, regarding the brightness of the EVF and/or the LCD, did you use manual +1 and 'sunny weather'? (in the set up menu) Makes quite a difference, I think.

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Jono, Nice shots - new life from the bitter late winter. and it shows the Sony 18-200 is pretty good too.

Uwe, great B&W shots. and the posters (?) what lens did you use?

Peter, looks as cold where you are as it was in England!

Quentin

Quentin_Bargate

After the cold weather, I quite fancy a pub lunch, perhaps a spot of Scampi and chips?

NEX-7, 30mm Macro

V

Vivek

That 30mm is quite nice, isn't it, Quentin (hope your pub lunch was also)? :)

Here is another one via the E-Sonnar.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

NEX-7, E-Sonnar 24/1.8. f/2.8 and 1/400s.

ustein

Contributing Editor

>and the posters (?) what lens did you use?

Not sure these are actually no posters. This is painted at a building at Casa De Fruta. Lens: 18-200mm :)

socal

First time to use the Leica 35mm Summicron (7 elements Bokeh King) with the Hawk Factory adapter on my 5N. Together with the EVF, it's very fun to use.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Jono, regarding the brightness of the EVF and/or the LCD, did you use manual +1 and 'sunny weather'? (in the set up menu) Makes quite a difference, I think.
hi Peter
I did use manual+1 . . .but I couldn't find sunny weather (which doesn't mean it isn't there!)

peterv

Ah, okay. Sunny weather is IIRC the brightest setting for the LCD. Manual +1 is brightest for the EVF.

Great pictures everyone!

This time sort of naive winter impression:

"Royal Dignity"

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

douglasf13

The picture quality wide open and with the minimum focus distance using the helicoid isnt that good (with the 35mm and 50mm Summilux at least).
Hi, Ingo. I'd imagine the problem with the 35 and 50 Summis on the Hawks is that they've got floating elements for close focus, so the Hawks probably throws everything off a bit.

etrigan63

For those of you looking for a leather half-case for the NEX-7, Gariz.com (S. Korea) expects to have theirs ready by the first week of March. They sent me some preview photos:

Yes, that is a metal base plate on this case and you can access the battery/memory card door without removing the case. It will be available in a variety of colors. I'm ordering one in black.

etrigan63

Sure, Carlos.

The 49->52 to 52->37 was the combination I could find. It is just right with no vignetting.

If you want to add a filter and such, it is better to use a 49-37 ring (even shorter).
Thanks Vivek, I ordered a 49-37 ring from the Mothership (B&H) this morning along with a generic 37mm cap. I already have a UV filter in place. The hood supplied with lens came apart on me and my dealer hasn't responded how to replace it. This arrangement makes that point moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.