The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich M

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

I get so darned enamored taking pictures of rocks.....I guess it's all those years pursuing that geologist's degree.

NEX 7 + Konica UC 28/1.8

m_driscoll

Taylor,
It is really interesting to see the rendering of the different lenses in the hand of the same photographer. It takes out the unknown of differing post-processing skills. I especially like the rendering of the 50mm Planar. The 90mm Contax G is one of my all-time favorite lenses, and I really like how it rendered the truck.
Taylor: +1 on the truck and the night view to Queen Anne from 'Downtown' Ballard! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

...Inspiring me to contribute a pretty much alternative program. Since it's the last week of winter now, three more pictures proving, that winter also can show some beauty (for me at least):

Hope you like them and thank you for your interest.
Hermann: Nice set of photos! I especially like the disorder/order in this one. The anarchic geese make a nice foreground for the pristine white palace(?) and vice versa. The tone's perfect. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Brindavan Gardens, Mysore, India. This lens is kind of an clunker, but, it has a wide range.

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 20mm; 1/100s @ f/5.6; ISO 100

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 45mm; 1/160s @ f/5.6; ISO 100

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 200mm; 1/125s @ f/8; ISO 400

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 45mm; 1/40s @ f/8; ISO 400

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 49mm; 1/80s @ f/5.6; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Here is a series of six shots taken with NEX-7 and Leica 24mm Summilux.
I called it Game of Shadows.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi all! Great pictures everybody.

Here are some of my faves from recent shootings w/ the Nex cameras, trying to get a sample of different lenses on both the 5N and 7.

7 w/ Zeiss Planar 2/50 ZM
Very nicely coloured evening shot with those beautiful typical Zeiss starlights!

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Matt! What a fantastic trip you're having in India!

In the woods.
Shot with the Minolta MD 24/2.8. A good lens for the NEX-7 since I better not use the Zeiss Biogon 25 on this camera.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

And one from in the cathedral of Dieppe.
Not completly sharp but I like the different light sources from the windows.

Michiel

MikalWGrass

Great shots everyone. I have a question though: does anyone shoot sports (soccer (football), swimming, basketball, football (American) with the nex cameras? If so, please post them.

Thanks.

pegelli

Nice snappy contrast and great greens in those St Patrick shots Cindy. How did MF with the Nex work for an event like that? I guess I would have chickened out and taken AF lenses but these pics seem to indicate you've got the skill down pretty well.

Two from me where MF would have worked well, but still taken with AF:

Plaze España in Madrid:

A street artist that kept looking at me, mainly afraid I wouldn't put my dues in his little can :loco:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Nice snappy contrast and great greens in those St Patrick shots Cindy. How did MF with the Nex work for an event like that? I guess I would have chickened out and taken AF lenses but these pics seem to indicate you've got the skill down pretty well.

Two from me where MF would have worked well, but still taken with AF:

Plaze España in Madrid:

A street artist that kept looking at me, mainly afraid I wouldn't put my dues in his little can :loco:
Nice shots. I am so used to manual focus after years of rangefinders, TLRs and manual lenses on SLR's. I have the focus peaking set to low/yellow, so that is an aid, too. I don't own an AF lens for my NEX right now, but I do have the kit lens coming with my NEX7 this week. At a parade, you could just set the aperture to f/5.6 or 8 and stay in the DOF.

Thank you, Hermann. I especially like the way you composed this one. The building (palace?) is beautiful.
Cindy: Thanks a lot for the kind feedback, really much appreciated! :salute: (It's Schloss (=palace) Nymphenburg in Munich.)

Hermann: Nice set of photos! I especially like the disorder/order in this one. The anarchic geese make a nice foreground for the pristine white palace(?) and vice versa. The tone's perfect. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Matt: Thanks for your comment and for looking that empathetic at the captures (of Schloss (= palace) Nymphenburg in Munich). :)

Brindavan Gardens, Mysore, India. This lens is kind of an clunker, but, it has a wide range.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Matt: Quite presentable for pictures taken with a clunker lens :thumbup: (which I own as well BTW and which pleasantly surprised me regarding the results so far - never would have bought such a 11x-zoom for the Nikons :)).

Taylor Sherman

Thanks Matt and Michiel! The 50/2 ZM is definitely a keeper as well.

I'm also so far really happy with the CV Nokton 35/1.2, I just got it to replace the Biogon 35/2 ZM which had magenta shift issues. So far I don't see any corner issues with this one, though at 1.2 there is a general pinkish cast over the whole image, which is trivial to adjust for.

Here's one of my favorites from this weekend:

Nex-7, Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.2

Check out the "original" size to see the detail from this lens - I don't remember the aperture, probably 5.6 or 8 however.

All sizes | DSC01723.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

m_driscoll

Matt: Thanks for your comment and for looking that empathetic at the captures (of Schloss (= palace) Nymphenburg in Munich). :)
Matt: Quite presentable for pictures taken with a clunker lens :thumbup: (which I own as well BTW and which pleasantly surprised me regarding the results so far - never would have bought such a 11x-zoom for the Nikons :)).
Hermann: Thank you. I was also pleasantly surprised. :D

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

J

jcoffin

re: Fun With Sony _____

Pegelli: Thank you. And yes it is pretty dirty -- and the sad part is that it's practically new. I'm pretty sure all the grunge was there when I got it. If I'd realized just a bit sooner, I'd probably have tried to return it for one that wasn't quite so dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.