The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Thank you Michiel. The grey tones are compliments of Jack Flesher's nice 20% grey action for IR toning :salute:

I've been admiring your marvelous facades series and hope to see a nice collection of your fine images in a book sometime soon. You must have a nice collection of Contax lenses and I'd like your opinion on the quality of the Contax 28mm f/2.8. It seems to be readily available at a reasonable price and I wonder how you rate the image quality, compared to other 28s you have used on mirror less cameras.
Thanks Carl. I like to work in series, to have a subject besides random shooting.
Indeed I do have most of the Contax lenses till the 135mm, which is known as one of the weaker links in the line up. I think they do make a very good match with the NEX-7. The 28/2.8 distagon is one of the best in the lensline. Sharp and contrasty. I don't have the 28/2 but I don't think it is worth the huge price difference for daylight shooting, besides that it is very big.
The 28/2.8 does compare very well with the Zeiss biogon, which I also have for the GXR.

The lenses I use very much also these days on the NEX-7 are the 20 and 24 MD lenses from Minolta to fill the gap for the 21 distagon, between the 18 and 28 distagons, , which I do have. The 21 is a marvelous lens, but as big as it's price these days. Just to much.

Michiel

scho

Thanks Carl. I like to work in series, to have a subject besides random shooting.
Indeed I do have most of the Contax lenses till the 135mm, which is known as one of the weaker links in the line up. I think they do make a very good match with the NEX-7. The 28/2.8 distagon is one of the best in the lensline. Sharp and contrasty. I don't have the 28/2 but I don't think it is worth the huge price difference for daylight shooting, besides that it is very big.
The 28/2.8 does compare very well with the Zeiss biogon, which I also have for the GXR.

The lenses I use very much also these days on the NEX-7 are the 20 and 24 MD lenses from Minolta to fill the gap for the 21 distagon, between the 18 and 28 distagons, , which I do have. The 21 is a marvelous lens, but as big as it's price these days. Just to much.

Michiel
Many thanks for your information Michiel. I may give the 28mm f/2.8 a try on the NEX, and also possibly the Fuji XP1.

douglasf13

Hey, I can't knock a Suburu. We're thinking about getting one this fall to use as a mountain/travel car. Good cars. :)

pegelli

My Elmar 90/4 seems pretty flare resistant

And the CZ 24/1.8 is a pretty sharp beast

But even the 18-55 kit doesn't dissapoint at all

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Nobody else having fun with Sony, what a shame :cussing:

Cello player under the arches of the Louvre

A850|Min35/2

Behind the Louvre

A850|Min 20/2.8

Louvre inside court at sunset

A850|Min 20/2.8

One of the many bridges across the Seine

A850|Min35/2

Famous view from Trocadero (pity the light wasn't any better)

A850|Min 20/2.8

Into the bowels of the earth

A850|Min 20/2.8

Lonnie Utah

Exposure Time 2.5 sec
F Number f / 14
Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings 200
Focal Length 16mm (24 mm 35mm equlv)
Sony NEX-5

pegelli

A different type of car shot from Lonnie (excellent effort by the way, very dynamic and "clean")

Little big car :)

Nex 5 + Voigt 12/5.6

Btw, do you know why these cars have seat belts?

So they can also be used as a backpack :rolleyes:

scho

A false color IR image taken with the NEX5-N IR and 18-200 E.

V

Vivek

Looks nice, Carl. Easy on the eyes. :)

What about the window reflections you mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.