The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

re: Fun With Sony _____

Marc, the 12-24 Sigma is pretty good as long as you stop down to f11 or f16 - otherwise the edges really suck. Of course, if the edges don't matter, then by all means use the center at wider apertures.

Sigma's record for QC isn't very good in my experience, so maybe other samples would do better. Mine is better at 12 mm than at 24, where comparison with the Zeiss 24-70 will make you wince!

Basically, it's a good "11 by 14" lens, but not so hot for large prints.

The Sigma 70 mm macro, on the other hand, is truly outstanding - or at least my sample is!.

I'll post a few more 12 mm shots in the next few days.
Bill

A little Thanksgiving HDR. Hand-held, 3 exposure bracket(manually set), 80-200 APO. Time was tight, I just saw some light that I liked and grabbed the shots without fiddling with chair, bottle, etc. positioning. I didn't intend for it to be HDR when I shot - I just tried it in post since I wasn't happy with any of the exposures. In retrospect, what I think it needed most was fill light.

P

panyawong

A900 Zeiss 16-35 (#1-2-3), 24-70 (#4), and 135 (#5).

Edward,

I like the buddha with the nice bokeh in the background. BTW, which temple that you'd taken these pictures at? I am visiting Bangkok later this month, so I might go around a few places for photo ops.

Thanks,
Panya

edwardkaraa

Thank you guys!

This is Wat Arun, or temple of dawn.

Panya, plenty of other places to visit. Just let me know when you're here.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Lovely shots of Wat Arun, Edward. I've always found that temple a bit colourless, but your shots are absolutely not.

edwardkaraa

Thank you Jorgen. There are certainly more colourful temples in Bangkok. I guess I was lucky having a good weather and direct sunlight that helped bring out the colours a bit :)

Figured I'd post this here too, since it fits the topic and folks may not be reading the other sub-forums much. :) More details on imaging process and subject here.

P

panyawong

Fun images from a trip to the Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat-Po), Bangkok. Didn't have a chance to contact Mr. Edward in BKK yet.

A lot of people during this New Year period.
-Panya

J

Jamesmd

Great shots Edward and great lens too :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.