The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Good to see you (online), Keith.

Looking forward with what you come up with from this trip. Hope you don't catch to much of that lousy weather in N. Western Europe.

Salut, Michiel

DjordjeJ

Nice shot Keith.
I bought Fujian 35 f1.7 last month, but I got adapter few days ago. It is fun lens to use. I have problem with shooting my kids with it, because I am not so good in manal focusing for action shots, but for stationary objects it is interesting lens. Small and esay to carry. Here are some preliminary examples:

This is shot of my kids which came up OK:

mazor

Nex 5n with Samyang 8mm

Nex 5n with Sony 18-200 at 200mm and cropping. Shot mid morning!

V

Vivek

May be that is why the goat was trying to nibble on the C-V 15 lens!:D

mazor

nice one vivek. good use for a cv 15mm!! (nibble nibble)

makes me what to get out there and use my cv 15mm hehe

V

Vivek

Thanks. You should! With the 5N it should be nicer!

This C-V 15mm is an old tool. I used (until the camera died!) it with a Bessa L a lot.

Now, I am awaiting the C-V 12/5.6. :)

scho

A proud father goose guarding his brood, while the mother takes a dip in the pond. IR with NEX5-N and Sigma 30mm f/2.8

Two more from the IR walk in the woods with the NEX5-N and Sigma 30.

Last edited:

mazor

scho some very nice IR photography here. How did you do the mod? Did you DIY remove the IR filter from the 5n?

mazor

Thanks. You should! With the 5N it should be nicer!

This C-V 15mm is an old tool. I used (until the camera died!) it with a Bessa L a lot.

Now, I am awaiting the C-V 12/5.6. :)
Wow, 12mm VC will be very tasty, sometimes with my CV 15 I wish it was just a fraction wider. Recently have fallen for the Samyang fish 8mm. It makes for amazing perspectives and excellent for group photos!! no more stretched faces at the edges hehe

V

Vivek

Wow, 12mm VC will be very tasty, sometimes with my CV 15 I wish it was just a fraction wider. Recently have fallen for the Samyang fish 8mm. It makes for amazing perspectives and excellent for group photos!! no more stretched faces at the edges hehe
Is that the big one or the compact (badged Rokinon and native E mount) lens?

mazor

Is that the big one or the compact (badged Rokinon and native E mount) lens?
Got the big Nikon mount version with nikon f to NEx adapter. the reason being is that the big one has been out for longer hence more reviews,and proven good. It also gives me flexibility to mount the Samyang 8mm onto a variety of cameras for sharing purposes lol. Mount to Nikon, Canon EOS, and NEX, makes for a very universal lens!!!

Have only read one main review on the small proper Rokinon Nex e mount version, and it does look good on the Nex, plus smaller, so easier to carry, but cannot mount to any other system

Status
Not open for further replies.