The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

A few shots that I just came across, again. Taken this past St. Patrick's Day in Coral Gables, FL. Gear was the a900 and the 135/1.8, which is easily one of the best lenses I have ever used. It is this one lens more than any other lens that makes me think I should keep the a900.

Most of the colors are straight out of the box. I fiddled with a few things, but my PS skills are non existent so I didn't damage the photos too much. I cropped the shot of the guitar player drinking a beer.

No flash.

Last edited:

mazor

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Andrew love your pics with the leica watte, have you compared it to the sony 16mm pancake?

Woodmancy, lovely sharp black and whites for an especially sharp lens ;)

Rand47

a900

Mariposa Grove, Yosemite
5 frame focus stack 70-200 @ 200mm f/8

Dogwoods are in bloom in the Valley...

Rand Adams
SoCal

pegelli

A clean sensor and a macro? I agree, but I now need a macro. The first eggplants of the season are coming in and the Minolta 85/1.4 doesn't do it justice.
Mikal, a set of extension tubes does wonders, I've taken many good macro's with the 85/1.4 that way. Closed down at 4 or 5.6 it's bitingly sharp even at short range.

pegelli

Mikal, just found some examples with the 85/1.4 + extension rings:

Rusty Rooster

Tulip "beyond it's prime"

Cherry blossom

mazor

andrew the last one has amazing grades of light as it hits the super lines. you have a an excellent colection of New Zealand!

Andrew Gough

andrew the last one has amazing grades of light as it hits the super lines. you have a an excellent colection of New Zealand!
Thanks for the comments, I forgot to mention that the last one is actually an 8 image pano.

Andrew Gough

The under-the-pier shot is awesome. Maybe if you'd waited about 20 more minutes. . .;-)
I agree 20min would have extended the shadow perfectly, but as my wife reminded me this was not a photography expedition... In her defence, She has demonstrated superb patience in the past on loads of trips, so I was just taking it easy with a little NEX kit. Might be a holiday, but I still needed to shoot for the fun of it :D

Andrew Gough

Some more images from my holiday in New Zealand. This is White Island, an active volcanic island not far from Whakatane.

Andrew

Hosermage

Well, the solar eclipse came and went... I tried without much success:

Although, the eclipsed sun casted a funny shadow:

Then I peeked over the fence and saw the neighbor's flower were watching the eclipse as well :)

Sony NEX-5n with 35mm Summicron.

Last edited:

Andrew Gough

Nice taken using the Sony inbuilt Panorama feature?
No, I stitched it using hugin. The inbuilt stitcher seems to really struggle with skies. Also it only outputs a jpeg file.

I just set up my tripod and did it the old fashioned way.

Cindy, thank you for the kind comments.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.