The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrigan63

re: Fun With Sony _____

I managed to get a hold of an A99 RAW file from a camera with firmware 1.0. I ran it through LR 4.2 (reads it just fine including the GPS data - very cool) and post-processed it to see how "flexible" the files are. Here are the results:

(BTW, big thanks to Jim Lin for letting me use the RAW file)

Sample 1 - original file straight out of LR 4.2

SLT-A99V RAW Sample-1 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Sample 2 - Processed with Topaz Adjust

SLT-A99V RAW Sample-2 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Sample 3 - Cold Toned in LR 4.2

SLT-A99V RAW Sample-3 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Sample 4 - Processed with Photomatix

SLT-A99V RAW Sample-4 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Rather special and perhaps the first one ever shown using this lens. Reflected UV capture of Rudbeckia flower.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Hacked NEX-C3, Carl Zeiss UV-Planar 62/2 at f/2.8, Baader U bandpass filter.

V

Vivek

The second sample image. The museum piece lens is yet to be put in a focus mount.

"Planar Blues"

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Hacked NEX-C3, Carl Zeiss UV-Planar 62/2 @ f/2, Baader U bandpass filter, reflected UV capture.

kuujinbo

Recently bought an Avenon 28mm f/3.5 LTM with the intention of using it on my X-Pro 1. Was even thinking about selling the NEX-5N, since it hadn't been getting much use lately. So I figured might as well test the lens on the camera before trying to sell it:

Only took a few test shots so far, but the combination, especially size-wise, is so good I don't think I'll be selling the camera any time soon...

simonclivehughes

The low-angled light of winter does wonderful things through my house late mornings and just before sunset, which now hits the Chicago area at about 4:30. A few examples with Nex 7 and Sigma 35. - John
John,

All we see is "Content protected by owner"... no pix!

J

JohnW

Sorry about that. I deleted it and will repost later.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.