The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

Four shots with the a900, ZA 135/1.8, the flash dedicated for the a900 and a snoot with 2 grids. Water polo practice tonight. I like the effects of the snoot on the players at night when I hit the photos. The shots aren't for everyone but I am trying different things.

No post processing. Wish the files looked like the files from an M9 but an M9 can't do what the a900 can do in these situations.

etrigan63

The amazing thing about flash is that the flash does all of the work in stopping motion instead of the shutter. You should try some shots with a slower shutter speed and rear curtain flash. It should make for some interesting shots.

MikalWGrass

A few more skateboard pictures. Pretty much uncropped. Shot with the a900 and the Minolta 24/2.8. It is a pretty stellar performer. Six shots showing a skater ascending then descending a ramp. Shot on burst mode. I am sure I could do more with these pics. I didn't have a chance to get beneath the skaters as they were ascending the ramp so I could get a different angle.

pegelli

I layed my hands on an original Minolta 16/2.8 Fisheye. It's a real fun lens to use on FF.

And Galileo Galilei was right, the earth is round :angel:

MikalWGrass

Sony a900 and old Minolta 501/4. Have this and a few others stored on Flicker but I can't seem to post those images on this site.

Not my kid skateboarding but since I was standing in a great spot I thought I would take this and other shots.

SP - been lusting after one of those 35s but there are none on the market at a reasonable price.
I know. I lucked into mine. So far the lens lives up to the reputation. I'm looking forward to using it on the FF NEX if and when that comes out and it supports A-mount as rumored.

MikalWGrass

Above shot with the a900 and Minolta 24/2.8 at 3200. I cropped a bit then converted the file in SFX2. The shot could be lightened a bit. The kicker is new to Muay Thai. I go to the boxing gym at least one day a week with my 12 yr old and since he doesn't let me take pics, I take pics of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.