The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Action / movement shots please. Raymond, maybe if the Dachshund was moving, I would have a better idea of how the camera handles quick moving subjects.:LOL:

Ron Pfister

Action / movement shots please. Raymond, maybe if the Dachshund was moving, I would have a better idea of how the camera handles quick moving subjects.:LOL:
At this stage of the game, I'd personally prefer relatively distant and planar subjects (dare I say brick walls?), carefully focused on the corners and provided with detailed lens information. Such images may enable those of us still sitting on the fence to decide which of the two models (if any) would be the best choice…

Edit: but then again, I'm not sure if brick walls would fit into the category 'Fun with the A7/7R'… ;)

V

Vivek

OK, Sony delivered! :)

Will try to get out in a bit to shoot with it (cold and cloudy with poor light). Just set up the camera (battery is already down by 35%) and have not fired a shot yet.

The Camera gets a :thumbs: already from me.

Only regret is that I did not preorder the FE 35/2.8. AF appears blazingly fast!

algrove

The Amstel brewery used to have a brick wall when I had my office across the street from it.

Michiel Schierbeek

OK, Sony delivered! :)

Will try to get out in a bit to shoot with it (cold and cloudy with poor light). Just set up the camera (battery is already down by 35%) and have not fired a shot yet.

The Camera gets a :thumbs: already from me.

Only regret is that I did not preorder the FE 35/2.8. AF appears blazingly fast!
Still not in my store :watch:

Awaiting your first impressions Vivek!

MikalWGrass

cold, cloudy, poor light? seems like a good day to take photos as any day with a new camera is a good day to take photos.

J

JohnW

Congrats and enjoy, Vivek. I'm sure you've got many things you want to try, but when you get to it, please share your impressions of your modified Sony 50 1.8.

John

Yarrums

Hi Vivek I know you have a plethora of old glass but if you could see your way to popping on Olympus or Contax that would be nice.

Sean

Knorp

While we're waiting for Vivek to return and posting his first snaps, did anyone check out the PlayMemories Camera Apps ?
PlayMemories Camera Apps™*

The exciting new application download service, PlayMemories Camera Apps, lets you add new functions to your camera’s existing feature-set to heighten photographic expression according to your own creative needs. Two applications are currently available for the α7R as of Oct. 16, 2013. Direct Upload uploads photos directly to networking services and Smart Remote Control allows a smartphone to control the camera. Many more apps will become available later, including Multiple Exposure, Lens Compensation, Photo Retouch and Picture Effect+.
That Lens Compensation tool, soon to be released for the A7(r) too, looks very promising.

This app lets users manually select correction values for lens peripheral shading, chromatic aberration and distortion. By saving the correction values as a lens profile, the same correction can be applied while shooting anytime.
・ Peripheral Shading: Corrects brightness and the intensity of reds and blues around the edges of images
・ Chromatic Aberration: Corrects red and blue lateral aberration
・ Distortion: Corrects barrel and pincushion distortion
Kind regards.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Great stuff everyone, keep 'em coming. It may be a few more weeks before any arrive here in my neck of the woods...I should get to try one out this week-end, though, as a friend got his.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hey if Vivek does not post soon , I'm going to call him in MIA. One of two things can be going on, he fell hopelessly in love with the dang thing and staying out all night shooting up a storm. Or he is trying to track down the dude that took it out of his hands and won't give it back. ROTFLMAO

Im betting on the former of the two. I see this as a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.