The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand47

Re: Death Valley

Excellent! How did you post process this photograph?

George
Hi George,

RAW imported to LR 2.6 at default settings. Normalized histogram in LR, and did extensive targeted tone placement changes via paint brush tool, and also some global curves tweaking.

Sent to NIK Silver EFX plug-in, used normal B&W conversion preset in Silver EFX and added significant red filtration, targeted to different portions of the image w/ the control points tool.

Thanks for the kind comment.

Rand

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

re: Fun With Sony _____

Well Bob, I'm not really a rust kind of guy - but I am a railway kind of guy, so I like your coupling shots in particular! Very crisp and detailed - I bet they look great on a big screen or as a big print.
Bill

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Well Bob, I'm not really a rust kind of guy - but I am a railway kind of guy, so I like your coupling shots in particular! Very crisp and detailed - I bet they look great on a big screen or as a big print.
Bill
Bill,

They do look very good....rust is just a reason to explore the wonder of Sony color!:ROTFL:

I have been on call for the past few days and this is one of the few places that has something to capture that stays within call range.

As an aside, I struggled with the lack of lenses and overall system completeness of the Sony but kept coming back to two pictures I made with an A850 earlier this year...finally have begun selling off the Nikon and will live within the limits of this system as it grows. Amazing lenses and color is unrivaled in 35 DSLR.

Sorry with the overposting as it were but I am trying to come to grips with the inherent fragility of the A900 files at 400 and above. Once I nail the workflow I will be more comfortable with my decision.

Lenses on my to buy list include the ZA 135 and the coming 24 2.0. Your 70-400 looks unbelievably good for a zoom...I have thought of getting an older 400 HS but if the zoom is as good as yours I may not need to buy the older lens.

Bob

docmoore

Something different:

All with the 50 1.4 - developed in DXO finished with CS4

Lamp:

Fishing Lures in Reserve:

Valentine Gift:

Bob

A

apras

A couple photos from my trip to Japan

Manpower vs Machine. a900 + Sony 35mm G

Yellow boat. a900 + minolta 20mm

And from shanghai
view from hotel at early morning. a900 + minolta 20mm

new year vacation

a900 + sony 70-400 G

docmoore

Returned to Capture One now that 5.1 is released...much faster and the noise processing is very nice.

All the following with ZA 24-70 and developed RAW in C1 5.1 finished in CS4

Old Skis:

Cabbage Trio:

Dining Room:

Bob

jonoslack

Hi Everyone - I'm afraid I've been spending too much time lurking on the dark side!
Lots of great shots around here - Bob, I love your gentle interiors, and the rusting metal (always a favorite).
Apras - I'm particularly fond of your vacation shot - sweet baby (and sweet legs too!)
Now I'm going to lower the tone around here . . . . .
We have a Puppy!
Unfortunately he doesn't stop still too much, but the continuous focus on the A900 does a pretty good job.

Here are some samples

Then . . . add two weeks and a rainstorm:

again - apologies for lowering the tone around here!
If you haven't had enough:

Lots More Pictures of Caspar
there will be more

all the best

docmoore

Here are a couple of pictures that I developed from the A900 ZA 85 1.4:

Deacon's Bench

Windsor Chair

This is somewhat softer view - Duck Decoys on Glass

Thanks,

Bob

J

Jamesmd

thanks Bob.

Love de color of those photos (your ones I mean )

cheers

docmoore

Yeah, if you can stand some longitudinal CA, the 85ZA is awesome.

Great shots, docmoore!
Thanks, Douglas.

I think the C1 5.1 does a great job with fringe and CA reduction...and at normal print sizes it does seem that only a few prints would be affected. At 4.0 and smaller aperatures it seems to be pretty much gone so for landscapes not too much of an issue.

I avoided the lens at first but after demo-ing it here I knew that I could make use of the focal length.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.