The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

barjohn

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

It's too bad there isn't an adapter for the Samsung NX10 30mm f2 pancake. That lens shows excellent optical properties in DPRs review and for only $300 looks like it would be a good deal, especially if it preserved the AF.

Last edited:

douglasf13

Indeed, I hope Sony pays notice to this design when they release their own standard prime.

V

Vivek

Hi All, From Bangalore, India .(~20 Celcius during day!)..

The Sony 16/2.8 simply rocks under Indian conditions (overcast now, due to monsoon)! :thumbs: (The Sam 30/2 was a dog)

No pics now, I will show a few after mid Aug after getting back.

My pen F 38/2.8 and 40/1.4 (and few longer ones) are being used for selective photography (all do nicely as I `expected them to).

For street shooting, still the Pana G1s reign supreme! :thumbs:

MPK2010

I'm just thinking back to joyful (simple) days with the Olympus E1, The K7 reminded me so much of that. It wouldn't impact on the Sony or Leica side of things, but neither M4/3 or the NEX is small enough to go bagless, and if you have a small bag then the K7 and a couple of primes fit nicely . . . . and it's weatherproof (I'm the guy who has had 3 cameras die a watery death!)
I'm actually on the road right now and brought the NEX+Summarit, and while I have a bag to pack it on the plane, I've been bringing it out with me bagless and it feels really small, basically like a heavier D-Lux 4. Of course, no zoom or autofocus, and I've got but one focal length. K7 certainly was nice and the waterproofing was one of the features I liked, even if the good primes aren't covered, you can always swap in a sealed zoom (and it sounds like you put these cameras to the test more than I do!). Could be fun to adapt the 31 to the NEX at some point -- I remember really liking the look of close shots with that lens.

When I get back next week I'll post some NEX shots. I am really liking this camera for a small high-IQ carry-everywhere and don't worry too much about it camera. :clap:

retow

NEX 5 with 24 Elmarit M, f5.6 or 8, zero PP, mf or zf. Does it beat the X1 in sharpness and resolution? I think so. NEX & M optics = AF sucks, mf and zf rocks. X1 = AF...?, mf & zf sucks. Though heavier and "frontloaded", the NEX is easier and more comfortable to hold than the X1, thanks to its pronounced handgrip. If it only had an EVF:rolleyes:

Last edited:

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

I tested the 28mm and 35mm Contax on my Nex against the Olympus 17mm f 2,8 pancake and the Olympus (FT) 25mm f 2,8 pancake (with FT to MFT adapter) on a E-P1 yesterday.

Wide open the corner sharpness of the Oly Pancakes is MUCH better but the sharpness in the middle of the pictures is only slightly better.

Closing the aperture to f5,6 on all lenses showed that the Contax G lenses outperformed the Oly lenses in the middle + about 3/4 of the picture very easily. The extreme corners are more or less equal then.

The 35mm Contax does better in the edges than the 28mm Contax G. (as expected)

Will test the Contax lenses on infinity today.

BTW :
I forgot to mention that some pictures I uploaded here (mostly the macro ones featuring flowers) shot with the Contax G lenses were shot using a Canon 250D 58mm close up lens via an 46 to 58 mm filter adapter. The minimal focus distance on the 45mm is 0,5 meter and on the 90mm 1 meter.

Have a nice weekend everyone !
Ingo

Terry

Yeah the 24 looks surprisingly good. A little darker along the edge of the thirds shot. Love to see more with the lens.

retow

More with the 24mm Elmarit. Sensor and lens seem to ad up to a powerful package.

Last edited:

retow

Would be interesting to see how a 21mm m-mount lens performs on the NEX. Hope will see some shots soon.
So far, used the Elmarit 24, Cron 28, Cron 35, Elmar 50, Cron AA 90 and C-Elmar 90 on the NEX. All performed excellently, clearly much better than on mft.

Terry

Would be interesting to see how a 21mm m-mount lens performs on the NEX. Hope will see some shots soon.
So far, used the Elmarit 24, Cron 28, Cron 35, Elmar 50, Cron AA 90 and C-Elmar 90 on the NEX. All performed excellently, clearly much better than on mft.
I used the M mount 21 Elmarit last weekend and it isn't very good as you go out to infinity both the color shift and edge sharpness.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231682&postcount=546

I will take some more today and post them.

monza

Which version of the Cron 35?

Status
Not open for further replies.