The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newworld666

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

My first test with the new firmware .... It's starting to be more convenient for manual focus addicts like me :thumbup: ..
I am just missing an AF confirmation like on my Canon DSLR and it would be :thumbs: .. let's somebody will manage to program it.

At least for macro work, the NEX5 becomes much much more usable, and for the first I got better results with the NEX5+FD50F1.4+VivitarTC2Xmacro than with my 5DMKII+85L1.2II+tubes.
Moreover, it was no more a pain, due to the new firmware and it new way of 5X,10X magnification memory.

So some samples with the first cold days in my garden this morning
FullFD size by clicking on pictures

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

I was looking for a place to introduce myself as "newbee" on this forum, but didn't find a specific place where to do that.

Since I'm having lots of fun with my Sony (and also Konica-Minolta and Minolta stuff) this might be a good place to start.

I'm very active on the well known A-mount forum Dyxum (with the same nick) and you can read more there about my background in photography : Linky
I also post some on Luminous Landscape as well as the small Dutch site "FotoMateForum"

Hope to also have a good time here.

Here's some recent B&W's I did with my Sony A900 and old (but trusty) Minolta 50/1.7:

Antwerp Railway Station:

Two from the Shanghai 2010 world fair:

And a street shot from the little back streets outside the hotel where I stayed in Shanghai:

Hope you like them, and C&C more then welcome

Welcome Pegelli! I especially like the railway station and the street shot. The hats are kind of interesting as well... were those hats some sort of special for the event?

BTW, I don't think the Sony section is the most heavily-trafficked part of this forum but even so there are lots of great people here(one more now :D)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Winter has arrived in Ontario and with it the creatures of the season. Shot today, a900, 70-400G lens at ISO 800. Definitely faster focussing with v2.0.

Incidentally, the greenish/yellow caste on the Ermine's underparts is real - not a processing error!

Bill

Bill, wonderful pic and nice to see green underpants that need not be feared. :D

What is that under his/her chin? Looks too sharp to be sensor crud at f/8.

pegelli

Wonderful picture Bill, I love the intensive gaze and how it all fits together in the picture.

I'm always lusting for the 70-400G, but I also noticed my old 100-400APO became a lot more responsive with V2 and with pictures like these I feel I just need to learn to use that one right and stop blaming my equipment :eek:

And by the way for those who commented on my first post above, thanks. It's indeed a not very busy part of this forum but as long as the quality is good and people are friendly it's still a worthwhile place to be. And yes, the hats are special "Shanghai "Better City, Better Life" memorial hats. Not a lot of people wearing them though (I didn't convert that picture to B&W for nothing ;) )

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks Dave & pegelli,

You're right, Dave, about the speck under the chin. On the tiff at 100% I can see it is a speck of something hanging on to an-out-of-focus whisker!

The autofocus had difficulty with this shot - it was very dull and a white critter against white snow isn't easy on the system! I was using a single center spot but the animal moves so quickly it's hard always to be aiming at the area of the face where there's some contrast to lock on to.

This was one of a dozen shots!

Bill

Nice shot Rand, wonderful light!

Here are a few snaps I took of a friend's newest addition to his collection of italian vehicles.

All a900, EXIF intact.

Minolta 20mm f/2.8:

Minolta 16mm f/2.8:

135Z:

Status
Not open for further replies.