Site Sponsors
Page 97 of 147 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,850 of 7316

Thread: Fun With Sony _____

  1. #4801
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    I find the magnifier the best manual focusing aid by far
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #4802
    Senior Member Taylor Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Tim
    but why am I simply not seeing this problem on the A7 - I've hardly had an OOF photo, and I've never bothered to turn the OSS off - it just works, reliably and consistently. I've not seen any complaints from Matt with his kit lens on the A7 either.
    Seems to me that it's still likely to be to do with the first curtain (lets face it THAT's the difference between the cameras).
    The blurriness I see in Tim's ship photo doesn't look like shutter shock -- it is uniform blur in all directions, which to me says OOF (or perhaps OSS doing something bad like jiggling the optics, but even then it'd have to move them in several directions during the exposure).
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #4803
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    I find the magnifier the best manual focusing aid by far
    I'll give that a try next.....thanks!

    Gary
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #4804
    Senior Member Taylor Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Gary - I like the color in that shot quite a bit.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #4805
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    2,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Sherman View Post
    The blurriness I see in Tim's ship photo doesn't look like shutter shock -- it is uniform blur in all directions, which to me says OOF (or perhaps OSS doing something bad like jiggling the optics, but even then it'd have to move them in several directions during the exposure).

    Thanks Taylor, I agree with that. Shutter shake or shock has been a directional phenomena when I encountered it.

    But whatever causes this lens behavior only on the A7R and not the A7, Sony must have had a reason to offer the lens only with the A7. I wonder what they were thinking?
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #4806
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Tim
    but why am I simply not seeing this problem on the A7 - I've hardly had an OOF photo, and I've never bothered to turn the OSS off - it just works, reliably and consistently. I've not seen any complaints from Matt with his kit lens on the A7 either.
    Seems to me that it's still likely to be to do with the first curtain (lets face it THAT's the difference between the cameras).
    Maybe, maybe not, it's v hard to say: I have randomly pathetic IQ at many different shutter speeds, focal lengths, apertures, and with various permutations of focus method and OSS setting. I think it is multi-factorial but the answer to your 'why' is, IMHO, slightly more likely sample variation than an A7 vs A7R issue... trouble is, I personally just don't trust Sony manufactured lenses, however good the good ones might be.

  7. #4807
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    re: Fun With Sony _____

    Sony A850, Minolta 35-105mm zoom.
    This lens is great!

    Keith

    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #4808
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Sherman View Post
    The blurriness I see in Tim's ship photo doesn't look like shutter shock -- it is uniform blur in all directions, which to me says OOF (or perhaps OSS doing something bad like jiggling the optics, but even then it'd have to move them in several directions during the exposure).
    Taylor, I quite agree. This is something I see again and again: no 'one axis blur' but a general smear, almost like a gaussian blur, in all directions.

    This is why the lens is a dog (F8, 1/320th, 70mm)
    This is why the lens is a god (F5.6, 1/160th, 33mm)

    One might argue that it is very capable. It is. One might also argue that it's only as good as it's worst (correctly taken) shot.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #4809
    Member nikonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Very cute image!
    This was also taken with the 50mm Canon FD?
    That lens was one of my favorites in 1971!
    I will have to pick-up another one. I love the way some of these old 50mm f1.4 lenses draw an image on the A7R.

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    Same setting as above; keep shooting with one lens
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #4810
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    Taylor, I quite agree. This is something I see again and again: no 'one axis blur' but a general smear, almost like a gaussian blur, in all directions.

    This is why the lens is a dog (F8, 1/320th, 70mm)
    This is why the lens is a god (F5.6, 1/160th, 33mm)

    One might argue that it is very capable. It is. One might also argue that it's only as good as it's worst (correctly taken) shot.
    Tim, its hard to say what the cause is of your optical issue, but when its random as you described, especially as you change position of element groups in the zoom, it's generally due to either mis-alignment or more often "play" of looseness in an element or elements within one of the optical groups.

    Dave (D&A)

  11. #4811
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    More stalking at the Pike Place Market, Seattle. A7 with Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8.













    Cheers, Matt
    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Flickr | M_Driscoll
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #4812
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi Tim
    Lovely ship - pity it's soft.
    This is not an issue I'm finding with the 28-70 . . . mind you, Ming Thein think's it's a 'dog'. Matt likes his, I'm startled by how good mine is . . . certainly not had any shots like that, so I suspect that it might be shutter slap rather than AF issues . . . . after all, how do you get the AF wrong at infinity at f8?

    My suspicion is that it's not suited to the A7r, but is pretty stellar on the A7?

    whaddyareckon?
    It's the A7r! Ming Thien was using his on an A7r, also. IMHO, of course.

    Cheers, Matt
    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Flickr | M_Driscoll
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #4813
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Back to London. A7 with Sony 28-70mm Zoom (28mm, 1/320s @ f/4.5, ISO 100).



    Cheers, Matt
    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Flickr | M_Driscoll
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #4814
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    This image looks really sharp and in focus Matt. Are you sure it was taken with the 28-70 kit lens?

    Gary

  15. #4815
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    This image looks really sharp and in focus Matt. Are you sure it was taken with the 28-70 kit lens?

    Gary
    Gary: Yes, indeed. Here's another with the same. 63mm, 1/80s @ f/5.6, ISO 400



    Cheers, Matt
    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Flickr | M_Driscoll
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #4816
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    I REALLY like this image Matt. No matter the lens or camera, this is nice shot. No scenes like that one here in Alaska.

    Gary
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #4817
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    249

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Very cute image!
    This was also taken with the 50mm Canon FD?
    That lens was one of my favorites in 1971!
    I will have to pick-up another one. I love the way some of these old 50mm f1.4 lenses draw an image on the A7R.

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Thank You Mike!
    Yes this was taken with the Canon 50mm F1.2L FD lens. It is a very easy lens to manual focus with a big focus ring to grasp and overall a compact lens that can deliver character and sharpness.
    -Son
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #4818
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I REALLY like this image Matt. No matter the lens or camera, this is nice shot. No scenes like that one here in Alaska.

    Gary
    Gary: Thanks. Nothing like that in Seattle, either!

    Cheers, Matt

  19. #4819
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    I processed this one from the Raw file. It might not look much better here, but the print is a big improvement over the version I processed from the JPG file. It prints a bit darker than the web image looks on my monitor here. And for me at least, a good print is my ultimate goal.

    I am really looking forward to using this camera with my Leica R lenses.

    Gary

    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #4820
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Like the sun and sunspot picture from yesterday, I figured I'd try it on the first quarter moon as well. Rained heavily just before, and again immediately after, but sort of clear while I took this, albeit with a twilight sky (so not completely dark).
    Same 10" f5 scope, ISO100, and 1/250th of a second.
    Garty
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #4821
    Member nikonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    I will keep my "Radar" on for one.
    Something really special about the rendering of that lens!
    All the Best,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    Thank You Mike!
    Yes this was taken with the Canon 50mm F1.2L FD lens. It is a very easy lens to manual focus with a big focus ring to grasp and overall a compact lens that can deliver character and sharpness.
    -Son

  22. #4822
    Senior Member MikeEvangelist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    I think it is an OSS thing: I have now assigned OSS on/off to Fn button 3 and am getting better results with it off, even at 1x focal length.
    I think you've hit on something there.

    I had forgotten that this lens had stabilization (most of the lenses I own don't have it, so I don't expect it). Turned it off and I'm already seeing much sharper images.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #4823
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    2,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    So, what's the explanation for this?
    The OSS can handle 24 MP but not 36?
    Other factors?
    With best regards, K-H.

  24. #4824
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I processed this one from the Raw file. It might not look much better here, but the print is a big improvement over the version I processed from the JPG file. It prints a bit darker than the web image looks on my monitor here. And for me at least, a good print is my ultimate goal.

    I am really looking forward to using this camera with my Leica R lenses.

    Gary

    Magnificent Gary!

  25. #4825
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Ziggo

    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #4826
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Snack arches.



    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #4827
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    More shots from paradise...



    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #4828
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Went out for a causal shoot with a past student of mine, light didn't really work, neither did the compositions. Such is life.


    A7r, Tak Super 50mm 1.4 @ f8, iso 1600
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #4829
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    First test shot with the Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS lens on the A7R. Lens (Nikon mount) attached with Novoflex NIK to E adapter and ASTAT/NEX ring mount on a leveled tripod. Dialed in a hair more than 1 degree tilt and shot at ISO 100 f/11. Seems to be sharp across the frame with a little uncorrected distortion.

    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #4830
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    Taylor, I quite agree. This is something I see again and again: no 'one axis blur' but a general smear, almost like a gaussian blur, in all directions.

    This is why the lens is a dog (F8, 1/320th, 70mm)
    This is why the lens is a god (F5.6, 1/160th, 33mm)

    One might argue that it is very capable. It is. One might also argue that it's only as good as it's worst (correctly taken) shot.
    I agree - it's only as good as the worst (correctly taken) shot. I've seen no complaints from others with the lens on the A7, and whatever else, I'm nearly as fussy as you about this stuff. On the other hand, several people with the A7r have complained (actually, I've not seen anyone say that it's okay on the A7r).

    Well, I went out today and took 55 shots with the camera and the zoom, one grab shot was grotesquely out of focus, the rest are spot on - no funny blur, no smeary corners, only decent, detailed images.

    Everything points to it being something inherent in the distinction between the cameras, and as KarlHeinz says, it's unlikely to be a coincidence that Sony didn't bundle the kit with the A7r.

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #4831
    Senior Member BSEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    First test shot with the Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS lens on the A7R. Lens (Nikon mount) attached with Novoflex NIK to E adapter and ASTAT/NEX ring mount on a leveled tripod. Dialed in a hair more than 1 degree tilt and shot at ISO 100 f/11. Seems to be sharp across the frame with a little uncorrected distortion.

    [/URL]
    Please post more with this combo - Its on my "to buy or try list" sins Samyang is make a E mount .. THANKS
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #4832
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Well, the sun shone today, so we went to see the sea. I took the kit lens, and also the WATE, so, here are some pictures with the WATE (no issues, just fine).


    High Sky


    Did I say No More Dog Photos?


    Treen Cliffs


    What's Wrong With Colour

    The WATE seems to be wonderful on the A7 - just great, sharp all over, detailed and contrasty (I haven't done a torture test at f4 however).

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 24 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #4833
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    . . . and here are a few more with the kit zoom. I still like it!



    Cows and Chickens



    Yellow Buoy



    Green Buoy

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #4834
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    First test shot with the Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS lens on the A7R. Lens (Nikon mount) attached with Novoflex NIK to E adapter and ASTAT/NEX ring mount on a leveled tripod. Dialed in a hair more than 1 degree tilt and shot at ISO 100 f/11. Seems to be sharp across the frame with a little uncorrected distortion.
    The full res version looks very good! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Gary
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #4835
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    . . . and here are a few more with the kit zoom. I still like it!
    You are getting some great images with this combo Jono. I really like the images you've posted here.

    Gary
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #4836
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    You are getting some great images with this combo Jono. I really like the images you've posted here.

    Gary
    Thank you Gary - I'm Having Fun! I guess I would like the 36mp, but I do like the A7 otherwise.

    Just this guy you know

  37. #4837
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    The first shot was taken almost in the dark:
    1/60th ISO 6400 f4.5 at 45mm

    Both with the kit zoom


    Chain Mail Fence


    Prickly Path

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #4838
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by BSEH View Post
    Please post more with this combo - Its on my "to buy or try list" sins Samyang is make a E mount .. THANKS
    I will try to get out this weekend with the Samyang TS and post some images then. I have the Rokinon 14mm in E mount, but the built-in extension adapter diameter is too large for my ASTAT/NEX mount so that is why I bought the Samyang in Nikon mount to ensure compatabiity with my mounting system (assuming that the Samyang E mount extension would be similar and too large).

    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #4839
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Ziggo

    Michiel: I love the colors in this and the "Snack Arches" images. Really nice. I mounted my Leica 50mm Summicron-R on the A7 last night, but everything here in Alaska is shades of gray and white right now....nothing as colorful as these places.

    Gary
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #4840
    Senior Member BSEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    I will try to get out this weekend with the Samyang TS and post some images then. I have the Rokinon 14mm in E mount, but the built-in extension adapter diameter is too large for my ASTAT/NEX mount so that is why I bought the Samyang in Nikon mount to ensure compatabiity with my mounting system (assuming that the Samyang E mount extension would be similar and too large).
    Thanks look forward to that.. but why yo use the ASTAT/NEX ?

  41. #4841
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I agree - it's only as good as the worst (correctly taken) shot. I've seen no complaints from others with the lens on the A7, and whatever else, I'm nearly as fussy as you about this stuff. On the other hand, several people with the A7r have complained (actually, I've not seen anyone say that it's okay on the A7r).

    Well, I went out today and took 55 shots with the camera and the zoom, one grab shot was grotesquely out of focus, the rest are spot on - no funny blur, no smeary corners, only decent, detailed images.

    Everything points to it being something inherent in the distinction between the cameras, and as KarlHeinz says, it's unlikely to be a coincidence that Sony didn't bundle the kit with the A7r.
    Well you may well be right - I just returned from a walk along the beach and out of 22 shots all but three were not good enough and many downright [email protected].. the three that were OK were all where I really stopped, stood dead still, did a double AF and let the OSS settle. So regardless of the underlying reason(s) I have to say that for my walkabout usage, it is close to useless. But hey, it was my risk to put it on the wrong camera. I wish I'd brought my E-M1 and 12-40 F2.8 along instead... but I can't help making myself the guinea pig in my own experiments!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #4842
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    249

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    1.2/50L FD
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #4843
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R



    Canon FD 55mm SSC @ f2.0 1/4000 ISO 100
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #4844
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    249

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    A7R + Hasselblad Superachromat 250mm F5.6 CFi at shutter speed 1/100 and ISO 5,000
    Lens mounted to the tripod and the camera was unmounted.
    N = 10 consistent shots
    Remote trigger from iPhone


    100% Crop
    Last edited by PSon; 9th January 2014 at 18:09.
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #4845
    Subscriber Member mwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    74

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Jono you sure live in a beautiful place!
    Mike

    website under construction
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #4846
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    A7R + Hasselblad Superachromat 250mm F5.6 CFi at shutter speed 1/100 and ISO 5,000
    Lens mounted to the tripod and the camera was unmounted.
    N = 10 consistent shots
    Remote trigger from iPhone
    Amazing. I didn't know there was a Hasselblad to Sony E mount adapter. Which adapter are you using Son?

    Gary

  47. #4847
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    249

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Amazing. I didn't know there was a Hasselblad to Sony E mount adapter. Which adapter are you using Son?

    Gary
    Hi Gary,
    I used the original Hasselblad to Contax (C/Y) + my own adapter that I built about 10 years go which is the Contax (C/Y) to Canon EF + Metabone version III Canon EF to Sony E. A total of 3 stacked adapters to get the Hasselblad to Sony E mount.

    BTW I also have the original Novoflex Pentax 67 to Contax 645 adapters. I use this adapter and stack it on the original Contax 645 to Contax N adapter (NAM-1), which was converted to EF mount. I also have the original Hasselblad to Contax 645 adapter (MAM-1). There are many paths combined to get to the Sony E mount. You can just tell me what you have and I can tell you various paths with advantages and disadvantages.

    Best Regards,
    -Son
    Last edited by PSon; 9th January 2014 at 19:02.

  48. #4848
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    249

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by mwalker View Post
    Jono you sure live in a beautiful place!
    I like to think it is Jonoscape.

  49. #4849
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    249

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Hasselblad Superachromat 250mm + A7R same setting as above but this time with optimal ISO 50, shutter speed 1.3 second and one stop down @ F8 to demonstrate long lens resolution with the Sony A7R. This is also natural light only. This is 100% crop illustration.
    Last edited by PSon; 9th January 2014 at 20:30.
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #4850
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Fun with the A7/7R

    Quote Originally Posted by BSEH View Post
    Thanks look forward to that.. but why yo use the ASTAT/NEX ?
    I am guessing that the ASTAT/NEX (which is the tripod collar) for Novoflex NEX mount adapters was used to stabilize the larger lens. (As opposed to the tripod mounting of the camera body which may put undo strain and the camera lens mount).

    R

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •