The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Yesterday (July 19) was "Day 200" a good day to take my 200/2.8 HS G for a spin (certainly after the very positive test of this lens on photozone.de

I found some food motivated animals:

Do I see bread crumbs

Yeahhh...

What's that white bazooka in front of your face

Come, follow me, there's more

And some drink motivated humans (judging by the noise they made)

All A850 + 200/2.8 HS G, iso 400 and f4

More Sony + 200 mm fun can be found here

pegelli

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Yesterday and today I took 2 small walks with my Nex 5

Yesterday with a Leica M Summaron 35/2.8:
Reflection

Huize 't Welvaren (House Well-being)

Today with a Leica M39 Elmar 90/4 (from my birth year)
Moist enough for fungus to start

URBIS

pegelli

Mark, your pictures do not show. There's just a small white rectangle with "fotop.net" printed in it.

Thanks Bill, not sure why I didn't see your comments earlier.

Here's one that won't win any awards for sharpness, but it's a shot I've been trying to get for a while... more details below.

Moon rising behind James Lick Observatory, which sits on the peak of Mount Hamilton East of San Jose, Ca.

The dome over the 36" Crossley reflector is silhouetted by the moon, the dome housing the 120" C. Donald Shane reflector is visible to the left.

This is a difficult shot to line up, opportunities arise maybe twice per year from this location. There are 20 miles of hazy atmosphere between the camera and the observatory and of course many more miles of atmosphere between the observatory and the moon. First time I planned this was several months ago but it was raining and the mountain was socked in. Maybe it will be cold and clear next time around.

Photo taken with a 8" Dobsonian reflector telescope(1200mm f/5.9).

pegelli

What, no posts for 3 weeks, Nobody having fun? All waiting for the Nex 7 or A77 to get there again? :ROTFL:
Well, I'm happy with what I have (for the time being :toocool:) and are still liking my Nex 5 a lot:

Here with an original Minolta 20/2.8 and the LA-EA-1 adapter:

pegelli

Great mood Dave, beats sharpness in my book every day.
Btw, interesting that your 1200/5.9 mirror telescope shows in the exif as a 100/2.8 Macro :)

Here's two from the beach the past weekend. Not the best weather but that gives other photo opportunities:

Both A850 + MinO 35/2

Great mood Dave, beats sharpness in my book every day.
Btw, interesting that your 1200/5.9 mirror telescope shows in the exif as a 100/2.8 Macro :)
Thanks! Yes, the EXIF is annoying. The ebay source could not program over 1000mm and couldn't get the aperture right. By the time I found out, the adapter had already been converted from M42 to T-mount and couldn't be returned. :mad: Anyway, here is what the 100mm macro looked like on the day. :D

Here's two from the beach the past weekend. Not the best weather but that gives other photo opportunities:
Heavy skies... I love the way the colors pop out of the steel grey. Well done!

Rand47

Death Valley "Racetrack" revealed . . .

a900 16-35 @ 16mm

I often wonder about the "context" of the iconic photo locations (especially in the US). I'm even considering doing a coffee-table book of these locations showing the tons of photographers shooting them on any given day. I think it would be both interesting and telling. But I digress . . .

For those of you who have never had the opportunity to visit the "Racetrack" in Death Valley, I'll bet you may have wondered exactly how large those mysterious "moving rocks" are. Well, here's your answer. This is my photo partner shooting one of them:

And here's my image of that same rock:

Last edited:

PenSon

a900 and a Mamiya sekor 80mm macro with a tilt/shift adapter. Shallow DOF with aperture 4.

_______
Trygve

pegelli

Still nobody else having fun :wtf:.

Here's another one. Taken as a snapshot when I just saw the opportunity.

My original caption was : "Sleepover party for princesses"

However that doesn't fit, princesses arrive with horse drawn coaches and certainly don't pull their own suitcase. :angel:
Who has a better caption for me ?

Nex5|M35/2.8|~f5.6|1/80|iso200

Status
Not open for further replies.