The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsimmonds

re: Fun With Sony _____

It's rutting time in the New Forest here in England. This Fallow Deer Buck at about 7 to 8 years old is in his prime and roaring and grunting his head off to keep the young bucks at bay.:bugeyes: You could just sense the tension and smell the testosterone in the air! He would charge at anything so I had to keep downwind and stay well behind a tree! A900 with Tamron 200-500 at 500mm

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Great shot, Dave! Really a 3D effect too.

Here's a bugling, rutting bull elk from Jasper NP here in Canada. Though in the interests of honesty, it was not taken with a Sony!

Last edited:

dhsimmonds

Great shot Bill. I would be interested to know how close you were and what camera /lens combination were used please?

There is something very fascinating about these creatures, especially now at the time of the Rut. Numbers are controlled in the NF to about 500 Fallow Deer which is the indigenous breed, 200 Sika, 500 Roe and 200 Red Deer. The Monkjacks are shot on site as they are considered an absolute pest. Each breed keep to their own area of the Forest

Normally very shy creatures, the Stags and Buck's are not so much shy as potentially dangerous at Rut time!

D

dave_wagstaff

New here and thought I'd post a few photos from recently and say Hi. All taken with the A700

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Great shot Bill. I would be interested to know how close you were and what camera /lens combination were used please?

There is something very fascinating about these creatures, especially now at the time of the Rut. Numbers are controlled in the NF to about 500 Fallow Deer which is the indigenous breed, 200 Sika, 500 Roe and 200 Red Deer. The Monkjacks are shot on site as they are considered an absolute pest. Each breed keep to their own area of the Forest

Normally very shy creatures, the Stags and Buck's are not so much shy as potentially dangerous at Rut time!
TX Dave,
It was a C**** 1D with a 300mm f4 lens. This is the full frame - but I was inside my vehicle, in Jasper Park campground where he was searching for a female! These animals are quite dangerous when in rut. One does not get in their way!
Bill

D

dave_wagstaff

Thank you Bill.

That's what my girlfriend said about me years ago, so I resemble that remark. LOL

Dave

M

madcat207

TX Dave,
It was a C**** 1D with a 300mm f4 lens. This is the full frame - but I was inside my vehicle, in Jasper Park campground where he was searching for a female! These animals are quite dangerous when in rut. One does not get in their way!
Bill
Stpid question, but why did you * out Canon? :confused:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Just as a joke - this IS a Sony forum!

For the record, I think very highly of Canon, I am a CPS member and I've probably shot more frames with a Canon than any other camera!

Bill

Mark K

Let me try attaching some links to my A850 shots

This one was taken using Minolta 100/2.8 variosoft

Terry

Figure some of my Sony shots from Oregon should end up on this thread.....

You guessed it the 135

J

Jamesmd

love the boat one and the forrest ,

cheers

James

dhsimmonds

Terry

I was getting a bit worried about the lack of posts in this section until I read yours! Great images, keep up the good work....I also like the boat and forest best though.

mrtoml

Photographs of the old with the new (A900) and Sony 50mm lens (plus close-up filter):

Kodak Signature Brownie:

Voigtlander Bessa I:

Crystar:

Yashica Electro:

All taken in natural light and processed using LR3 Beta. I have just taken delivery of my first studio lighting set-up and looking forward to trying it with the A900.

dhsimmonds

Nice collection of cameras Mark. Doubtless you have gone for the Zeiss lenses to use with your A900!

mrtoml

Thanks. When funds allow the Zeiss lenses will be coming. I am quite impressed with the Sony 50 and 28 though I must say.

J

Jamesmd

Madrid's sky

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.