The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

re: Fun With Sony _____

Moving from KL to Bali, a few people shots from among many I took:

First, with the 24-70mm Zeiss

finally, with the Sony 70-300mm SSM

Quentin

J

Jamesmd

After Quentin its difficult to send anything , but you have to be brave :eek:

A900 CZ 85 1.4 , Aperture

Last edited:

BUT - I see great improvement in LR Beta 3, both for Sony and Phase files. Still exploring it...
Bill
I was pretty high on LR3 until I tried to match the results I was getting in C1 5. In easy lighting (muted tones, low dynamic range, low contrast) LR3 matched C1 and has better skin tones, but seems to be overall noisier and slightly less sharp. However, when in high contrast, high dynamic range, vibrant colors, I spent the time in C1 deciding how I wanted the image to look, where in Lightroom I was try trying to salvage it. Looking forward to the next C1 update with some bugs worked out.

LR3 seemed very fast at first, but now that I have some images in the library, everything seems to slow down. Experience says that Adobe will make some pretty big advances between now and final, so it is worth keeping an eye on.

J

Jamesmd

My other hobby

sony 50 1.4

Last edited:

Mark K

Went for my first wedding using a850. Was quite rewarded viewing from screen of the camera.

ecsh

I am torn between this lens and the Minolta G version. It is very hard from shots on the web to make a decision which is best, since they both seem to be stellar performers, if used properly.

edwardkaraa

I am torn between this lens and the Minolta G version. It is very hard from shots on the web to make a decision which is best, since they both seem to be stellar performers, if used properly.
The optical design is very similar, so similar in fact that I suspect Zeiss started with the Minolta design and improved it, and of course added the usual Zeiss flavours like higher micro-contrast and 3D.

douglasf13

The optical design is very similar, so similar in fact that I suspect Zeiss started with the Minolta design and improved it, and of course added the usual Zeiss flavours like higher micro-contrast and 3D.
Yeah, it's hard to say. The do have different numbers of elements/groups.

edwardkaraa

The optical design is very similar to the Minolta and quite different from the ZE Planar.

The rest of my post is just an uneducated guess and very improbable to think about it :D

The Planar is one of Zeiss oldest designs and if anything Minolta must have borrowed it first.

lovep

Some of my recent work. I just transitioned back to 35mm from 6x4.5 camera and digital backs.

Sony A900
Sony 135 f1.8 Carl Zeiss
Sony 24-70 f2.8 Carl Zeiss

Hard to go back to MF after seeing these!

More on my blog: http://plovephotography.com/wp/

Patrick

dhsimmonds

Patrick, these are just great, superb in fact. Typical A900 colours too. I would love to know your RAW conversion and PP program.

J

Jamesmd

you know, I always thought that should be the best for the camera , but I don't know why , only a few do it :confused:.

isn't it logical that the popper camera brand software is the best for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.