The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Fun With Sony _____

Some nice pics here since I last stopped in... keep up the good work, all! :)

Here's a grab shot from my recent trip to the Pittsburgh area - 50 1.4, f7.1 @ 1/250 & ISO 320:

Full-res... I'm kicking myself for not taking a series that I could focus-stack later.

edwardkaraa

I have used IDC3 exclusively since I bought the A900. I tried all other converters and did not like them. Same thing with Canon, after having tried all converters I settled for DPP.

J

Jamesmd

Patrick , I would say you need to change nothing in your workflow

douglasf13

What other converters would you all suggest I try?

I have used Lightroom, PS3 and the Sony software...
Obviously, your pics look wonderful, but you may consider Raw Photo Processor, Raw Therapee, Capture 1, Aperture and even the new Lightroom 3 beta, because they all do a better job in the demoisacing department, IMO. Which converter did you use with your digital backs?

Unbelievably, after railing against lightroom for the last year, I'm really coming around to the new LR3 beta. Lightroom has always had the best workflow, and it looks like Adobe is FINALLY closing the gap on actual conversions.

J

Jamesmd

A madroño , I don't know what its called in english

sony 50 1.4

Last edited:

KETCH ROSSI

Some of my recent work. I just transitioned back to 35mm from 6x4.5 camera and digital backs.

Sony A900
Sony 135 f1.8 Carl Zeiss
Sony 24-70 f2.8 Carl Zeiss

Hard to go back to MF after seeing these!

More on my blog: http://plovephotography.com/wp/

Patrick
Great shots Patrick!

Care to elaborate on your experience with the 24-70? Currently deciding if get the 24-70 & 135 combination or 16-35 & 85. If you have used both 16-35 and 24-70 how do you like them against each other, IQ, build, handling, and does the extending front element of the 24-70 bothers you at all? I'm used to IF zooms, in the few occasions I use them.

Thanks

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Some of my recent work. I just transitioned back to 35mm from 6x4.5 camera and digital backs. (...)
Absolutely great work, Patrick !

I for one would be very grateful if you would share with us your experiences and thoughts about the full frame Alpha cameras compared to the Medium Format Digital Backs you have used. Maybe in a separate thread if you prefer that, as it is an interesting topic and might very well generate some more posts ?

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Two (FUN!) studies in Red, White and Blue. (OK, off-white in one case!)
a900 with 50 mm 1.4 and 135 mm f1.8.

Last edited:
P

panyawong

Since Jono has not add any horse images to the Sony forum lately, I think I would like to contribute some. Went to a local stable with a group of photo enthusiasts today. All are dodge and burn in PS to emphasize the beautiful animal.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Breakfast time this morning...the first shot (17 mm) was in the dry, the second shot (12 mm) was as the squall blew in on me. Both shots a900 with the Sigma 12-24 mm lens at f16.

Moral - remember a 12 mm lens will focus raindrops on the front element!

Also, the Spot remover in C1 5.01 is VERY good - but can't deal with raindrops!

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

What other converters would you all suggest I try?

I have used Lightroom, PS3 and the Sony software...
DxO and SilkyPix come to mind. I use both, but honestly, if you are getting on so well with ths Sony converter, why change?:rolleyes:

Quentin

fotografz

Since Jono has not add any horse images to the Sony forum lately, I think I would like to contribute some. Went to a local stable with a group of photo enthusiasts today. All are dodge and burn in PS to emphasize the beautiful animal.
Nice B&W conversions!

-Marc

fotografz

Breakfast time this morning...the first shot (17 mm) was in the dry, the second shot (12 mm) was as the squall blew in on me. Both shots a900 with the Sigma 12-24 mm lens at f16.

Moral - remember a 12 mm lens will focus raindrops on the front element!

Also, the Spot remover in C1 5.01 is VERY good - but can't deal with raindrops!
What a great capture ... right place at the right time!

How to you like the Sigma Bill? 12 to 16mm range is of some interest to me over the 16-35 I already have.

-Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.