The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Tom - I feel like you are teasing me. I bought this lens from KEH the other day. It arrives tomorrow. Now for the adapter....I have no idea when it will come. :mad:

Irenaeus

Contax G 35/2, ISO 200, 1/250 sec, f/2.0

View attachment 33271
May I ask which adapter you used, Tom? (Though perhaps there is only one available?) I've not bought the NEX yet, but I do have the 45/2, 21/2.8 and 90/2.8 and would hope to be able to use the 45, at least. Was the NEX plus that adapter & lens much of a hassle to focus and use in general?

Your camera continues to delight and amaze....

Irenaeus

tom in mpls

I bought the Kipon adapter here. I was completely amazed when it arrived yesterday from China via FedEx 4 days after I ordered it. The lens focuses all the way to (and past) infinity.

I find it awkward to hold the camera, push the magnification button, turn the focusing ring, touch the shutter, recompose and shoot. The focus ring in particular is a bit hard to reach comfortably. I'm very pleased with the results.

Terry, I bought some rear caps also from Japan Exposures. A bit pricey for caps, but so it goes.

barjohn

I'm not sure why they don't go ahead and shim these adapters or at the very least provide a set of shims we can use to adjust them ourselves. I think I finally have mine adjusted so that infinity is correct and I can accurately use the focusing scale on the lens barrel. For the prices they charge they should either properly calibrate for infinity or provide the shims period.

tom in mpls

John, I would share your complaint except for one reason: this Contax lens doesn't have a distance scale! I wish it did.

tom in mpls

Not a great pic, but colors are spot on with AWB. Again uncropped, touch of sharpening only. ISO 800, f/2, 1/30 sec. A bit underexposed due to back light, but no flare.
View attachment 33273

Last edited:

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

My adapter arrived 45 min ago. :)

Just wanted to share the size of the adapter + 28 + 45 + 90mm lenses.

I added some Pentax 110 lenses to the comparison. (and a selfmade (not really good) 110 -> mFT adapter)

I will do some snapshots with the Contax lenses today (and with the 110 lenses in some days)

Thx for sharing all the info here ! Great thread !

PS: Sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures. Shot them in a minute. Have to go to work now ;)

Last edited:

would you recommend a contax g over a cv lens? I don't have either one but I'm not sure about the focusing ring on the g adapter. :confused:

will the g lens render similar images as c/y lenses?

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Here is a little "Bokeh-Test" from the 45mm @ f2 and the 90mm @ f2,8

sebboh

Here is a little "Bokeh-Test" from the 45mm @ f2 and the 90mm @ f2,8
those look great, i'm still trying to decide whether to get the contax g or voigtlander lenses myself. i'd love to see examples from the voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 on a NEX camera if anyone has them.

Terry

those look great, i'm still trying to decide whether to get the contax g or voigtlander lenses myself. i'd love to see examples from the voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 on a NEX camera if anyone has them.
I've got the Contax G arriving today. Unfortunately, the adapter is lagging behind. I also hav the Voitlander color skopar (f2.5) but still waiting for that adapter as well. Will do some side by side tests. Don't have the f1.4

douglasf13

This is the lens that I'm most interested in, too. I can't wait to see some examples from someone. I'm really liking the look of the 35mm 1.4. It's small, well built, and pretty sharp. Distortion and sometimes suspect bokeh are the only things to watch out for.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

I got alle three lenses (and a G1+Flash+Bag) in nearly mint condition for the price of a new voigtlaender.
So there was no real choice for me... Haha.
And I read alot about the Contax G 45mm so this way or another...
I wanted to try it out.

Next week I have free time and will shoot the new lenses + maybe do some comparisons with the Kit+Pancake Sonylenses.

@Pen F Pancake Owner : Can you post some pictures, please :) I'm really curiuos how it will perform.
It's like 550 Euros Mint on Ebay USA. Maybe I will get one cheaper someday....

Mimaki

Has anyone tested a CZ 25 2.8 on the nex?
Im thinking of changing from a 28mm Elmarit ASPH to get closer to a 35mm FOV.

sebboh

I got alle three lenses (and a G1+Flash+Bag) in nearly mint condition for the price of a new voigtlaender.
So there was no real choice for me... Haha.
And I read alot about the Contax G 45mm so this way or another...
I wanted to try it out.
i'm jealous. at the prices i've been seeing the cost of contax 35mm + adapter is about the same as the price of the voigtlander 35mm, hence my dilema.

i heard so many great things about the contax g lenses. even though i really like my pen f 42mm f/1.2 on the NEX i'm still kinda tempted to get the contax 45mm as supplement for landscape with it's different rendering.

sebboh

a few more pics from the pen f 42mm, all wide open. bokeh can be quite interesting:

and one from the 16mm kit lens:

Status
Not open for further replies.