The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasf13

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Sold! Everything looks good to me. I'm cleaning my ZA 24-70 for sale as we speak. BTW, how is the focusing mechanism on that adapter, Terry?

Terry

My little brain is whirling away here but dang these lenses already were made to AF. If there is some way that Sony could take the design and throw an E mount on it with AF they would have a complete goldmine. I'm perfectly happy with the aperture on the lens and I'm sure others that would buy these for the NEX cameras wouldn't mind either. How amazing would that be! Voila! the premium lens lineup is completely solved (at least at 35, 45, 90).

douglasf13

Yeah, AF with these lenses would be incredible. Is the manual focusing action smooth with the adapter?

Terry

A little hard to describe it is smooth but feels a bit bumpy compared to my 50 lux. You can go way past infinity. I guess since I'm in live view it doesn't bother me. Robert (monza) has been using the Contax on m4/3 for quite a while and I know he's got an adapter coming so hopefully he can chime in here. I just like the way it feels and the size and the IQ and the bokeh and......

sebboh

fotoingo: those shots are spectacular. contax g is looking very promising.

here are a few more shots from pen f 42mm f/1.2, all wide open again:

sooner or later i'll stop the lens down and take a landscape shot with it. first i need to find myself some landscape though.

E

espressogeek

I like the way that 42 draws when shot wide open. Bring back the swirl. :)

jonoslack

Sold! Everything looks good to me. I'm cleaning my ZA 24-70 for sale as we speak. BTW, how is the focusing mechanism on that adapter, Terry?
You'll regret it . . .I've been using mine today!
Shot at f4 . . . Caspar says PLEASE keep it:

Last edited:

MPK2010

Two close ups one without much in the background the other with a really complex background closer to the subject both at f2
Nice! I particularly like the ethereal rendering of the plants in the second shot. Would you say that so far you are happy with the out-of-focus rendering across the board?

douglasf13

Wow, this is inconceivable to me, unless I was selling the body too! Just goes to show how many different ways there are to put these cameras to good use. :)
I've owned the ZA 24-70 since February of '08, but I haven't used it in over a year. I'm officially a prime snob. :LOL: It's officially for sale over on Dyxum.

MPK2010

Funny you say that. I've been trying to avoid the M9 for 8 months!
Yeah the M9 is extremely tempting. For me personally, if I didn't prefer the zoom for landscape my money might have gone towards an M9 rather than the Sony full-frame. But I sure can't justify both! And since landscape is my priority, I can't see ditching the A850. So I'm going to try to use these NEX cameras + 1-2 primes for the kinds of photography I'd use an M9 for if I had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.