The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Two from the Yosemite workshop. NEX5 + 18-200. I've taken very few shots with the NEX as I've been working on my technique with medium format.

Rain shower over mono lake
Wow ! I wish we had canyons or parks like this in Europe / Germany....
Nice work.

Nice, Terry. I really like the first shot with the golden Aspens.

Ingo, Your concert photos with the Contax lenses are stunning .
Thx Cindy :D

I am having fun with my Sony NEX.
NEX5, Kipon adapter, Contax Carl Zeiss 35 f/2
Nice looking ! Sun + Nature :thumbs:

I used 3 weeks for a japanese trip my NEX5 + FD85L1.2.. and little by little I gave up because MF was like a pain compared to my 5DMKII..
Results were almost acceptable, but without the new firmware I wouldn't recommend NEX5 .. and the zoom is really too weak compared to a samyang14F2.8+FD50F1.4+FD85L1.2 ..
Just some various samples from this trip.

and Wales to finish :D

I didn't try the new firmware.. but actually I won't recommend the NEX5 for travelling !!! MF is like a pain compare to MF with a 5DMKII and standard zoom is really to weak compared to MF lenses (Tokura, Canon FD, Samyang, etc etc)
Whatever you say, but your pictures are really great !

The last 2 days I went on a short trip to the coast of the Netherlands.
The weather changed quite often and it was windy as hell.
But the sun and the break from work was really great !
(+ I had some fun with my Nex ;) )

PS:You have to click the MF-pictures 3 times and the vertical pic 2 times to see them in original Size (= 900 pixel on the longer side)

Last edited:
J

jasonhoods

re: Fun With Sony _____

Well, Your collection is nice, amazing snaps shots. It's very clear, Please keep updating, I would like to come back here again. thanks !!!

kitsVA

re: Fun With Sony _____

Just came back from Western Caribbean cruise. Shot several 100 pictures with NEX 5 (kit zoom, and Nokton 50mm f1.1), and A55 with Zeiss 16-80mm. Most pictures shot on Nov 1st on ship are are with NEX + Nokton. Nov 5th or with NEX kit zoom lens. All Beach shots are with A55 and Zeiss zoom.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kitsva/collections/

M

meilicke

This is the inside of a plastic bucket we found on the beach at high tide.

Those vertical things are critters. :eek:

M

meilicke

Well, sorry for the slightly gross picture above. :eek:

Here are more sedate images, taken on the same day. The lens used was a pedestrian Canon FD 28 2.8, which I am rather liking.

M

meilicke

Ingo, very nice. I especially like the fence picture. And the kite. I fly them as well, but quite a bit smaller. :)

Jerry_R

With 16mm pancake at f/ 2.8 you can get close:

Otherwise you need to close it to f/8:

Zeiss Biogon 25 f/2.8 (closed down slightly)

Zeiss Sonar 50 f/1.5 (fully opened)

Jerry_R

Thanks,
I can't wait now to go out with 25mm (37mm at FF) closed down, use zone focusing and try street photo. ISO can be left high, as I want B&W.

Anyone tried something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.