The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark K

re: Fun With Sony _____

David
Cannot praise more on your postings...always inspiring
100/2.8 variosoft was the first Minolta prime I bought. It was some 20 years back and it is very sharp and works perfectly with my a850.
I found my weakness in using wide angle lenses and the 24/2 is no exception.

Braeside

Thanks for the low down on the 100mm varisoft lens Mark. The 24/2 is another I have not used. I also have played quite a lot with wide angle this year, as a result of acquiring a used Sony 16mm fisheye - great fun:)

Rand47

OK, enough snow! Here's one from last spring . . .

AZ desert, Apache Trail
A900 24-70 at 24mm

Braeside

Partial Eclipse of the sun at sunrise today was obscured by clouds until near the end when it made a brief but atmospheric appearance.

Sony 85/2.8 SAM A900 (Cropped)
ISO 200 f/14 1/8000s

pegelli

Nice shot David, over here in Belgium it was totally obscured by clouds. Now that the eclipse is over the clouds are clearing out :angry:

But I had some fun last Sunday on the beach in Knokke, clearing my head from the cobwebs of the holidays:

A850 + Minolta 80-200

A700 + Tamron 17-50

Braeside

The snow is back again, sorry :p

My new favourite lens on the A900, the diminutive 85mm F/2.8 SAM.

Braeside

The geese have had enough of this snow too ;)

Love the vignetting on the 85mm SAM at F/2.8

[Yes I know that lower left goose is too close to the border, but I left it in as I wanted to show the lens was good at the edges and show the vignetting]

Status
Not open for further replies.