The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Beach

re: Fun With Sony _____

Great shot Dave, I like the subject, the DOF, the angle, and the B&W treatment.

LoSenior

David,

The automobile picture is very well done.
Interesting idea about rephotography. How does your excellent Church picture compare to the original?

Thanks for sharing.

Jerry

Braeside

David,

How does your excellent Church picture compare to the original?

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I don't have an old photo from that angle, the one that I had with me was taken from a point that has become so swampy and over grown with saplings that I could not get a got clear shot.

So the colour photo isn't actually a rephotograph.

Here is the original from c 1885 (Erskine Beveridge).

You should have seen me trying to carry my kit through the woods, having to use my tripod as a pole vault to get across parts of the bog, only to find when I got to the edge of the loch that I couldn't see very much.

However when I got home I found another shot of the church taken from a different angle that I can rephotograph, but I need to wait until we get a good day.

I noticed that the original must have been taken in Autumn as it had hay stooks in the field (which is now an extended graveyard outside the old church boundary wall).

P

panyawong

Took A900 and a small tripod with me on a recent business trip to South Korea, here are some shots:

From hotel room

Korean BBQ

At a bus stop in middle of road

Experimenting with motion while looking for things to eat

Night street food stall

Building decoration with picture frames

See more at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pw_photo_album/sets/72157620345714196/with/5437701455/

After this trip, I am thinking if I should get a NEX 5 to reduce to load. Getting old. :p

Braeside

Very nice shots, Panyawong!
+1 Good use of Tripod! Let us know how you get on with the NEX.

I'm at the stage that I don't want to humph around a heavy DSLR kit on holiday, especially if flying economy with 5Kg hand luggage limits. :(

I have an M8 that I plan to use for holidays, augmented by a small Panasonic TZ10 for macro/telephoto shots (and it has GPS geotagging). If I have enough room/weight allowance then a travel tripod may be taken for low light.

Braeside

For copyright reasons I felt it best to remove from my server the copy of Erskine Beveridge's original photo. Sorry.

However it can be seen online at the RCAHMS site here

Anthony, nice first post! Keep 'em coming! :D

David, that AC is an excellent shot & PP. Makes me want to jump in and go. The re-photography project looks interesting -- please keep us updated!

Nice shots Panyawong... I especially like the shot taken in the median, second favorite is the picture frames. Any additional angles on that second one?

pegelli

Went to (rainy) Amsterdam last Saturday, and had some fun with my A850 and a new (for me) Minolta 24/2.8:

1: Close Focus test

2: At least in the Central Station it didn't rain

3: Saint Nikolaas Church:

4: Tour Guide + Ladies:

5: Back in time (except for the fashion style)

Hope you enjoy, all exif inside

N

Nokton48

Just bought a Nex-3 body, to use with my many lenses.
50mm MC Minolta Rokkor 58mm F1.2, and LTM Canon 50mm F1.2:

Status
Not open for further replies.