The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

The SA50 is definitely an excellent lens that gets often overlooked.
Agree, even the old Minolta version is a gem. If you can find a good 2nd hand copy it also comes highly recommended:

Nice colours:

And nice OOF bokeh (btw, not my 70-400):

Thanks Pegelli, it's an astro scope that my wife bought me for my birthday last Sept. Plenty of fun to be had without sticking a camera on it but I'm just adventurous that way. :)

I have some other strange stuff I'll be hanging off my lens mount in the coming days... stay tuned. ;)

OK, anyone see anything unusual about these pics? I'll give you a hint -- they were both shot wide open, at f/3.5. :)

Click for larger, X3 link at top of resulting page for even larger.

pegelli

Dave, is it with a Tilt lens? In the first picture the front/left side of the waterfall is sharp, but the parasols are not, on the other hand on the right side the background is sharp again. So you focussed close on the left and far on the right.

Nice pics Ed, at first I was wondering what you had to drink before shooting the first one but after a second look I see what's going on. :) Great bokeh in the second one, beautiful colors.

A little experiment from earlier today... Same scope setup and final crop as above but with about a 16.5-stop equivalent filter. Sunspots anyone?

gotta get the ISS in there!

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Nice pics with this super Tele !

Here are some pics I shot with the Tilt-Adapter Nex-Contax C/Y and an 28mm f2,8 Contax lens.

The skatepic+hand are in "normal" position the rest ist tilted.
Nothing too special but I thought I will post something new here.

The nice thing about the 28mm is the minimum focus distance -> 15cm !!!
So you have a 42mm lens with real close focus ability (but a bit heavy in comparison to Contax G lenses for example)

In the next days I will upload some more pics from Dubai.
I visited Dubai 2 weeks ago and had a very nice time :)

Greets, Ingo

Dave, is it with a Tilt lens? In the first picture the front/left side of the waterfall is sharp, but the parasols are not, on the other hand on the right side the background is sharp again. So you focussed close on the left and far on the right.
Bingo! Mirex with Mamiya 35 f/3.5 on a900. Only a couple degrees of tilt on each photo, several mm of up-shift on the first one. In that first one, the waterfall is pretty sharp all the way across, as are the bricks at the end. This was just a quickie test t work after hours, handheld SSS off. I think that if I stop down and use a tripod+MLU I can get some nice results with this setup. I also have a Mamiya 80mm macro with the adapter that allows 1:1 that I have yet to try. I'm waiting on some chipped M42 adapters before I begin shooting in earnest with these so I can ID/search each lens in LR.

oh it's actually 35mm to 6x6 is 1.6x so it's a little less than 30mm, 28.125mm.

here's the schedule of when the ISS crosses paths with the moon and sun. I really don't know what's going on since I just scanned it.
http://www.calsky.com/cs.cgi?obs=98157461274331&c=&ISS=&elongation=500
Actually, thanks for that... that site does all of what I would consider the hardest work, figuring out where to be and when. Looks like you need to be south of the equator this time of year to catch a solar transit. OTOH, it looks like I might be able to catch a lunar transit near midnight April 30 on top of a nearby hill, though it would be tricky with a first quarter moon. Tony are you lurking? Road trip? :D

Jim DE

newworld666, I have been shooting my NEX5 with Legacy lenses since it first came out .... (unless I have missed a even newer update than I have) I have seen not one advantage for those using these lenses in these 2 software updates. It has helped using the Nex lenses and Alpha lenses but my manual focus legacy glass shooting is the same now as it was on day one. What am I missing? How have the upgrades helped your manual focus shooting?

K

kgior

Here a couple of shot that i took with my new a900.

Let me know what you think.

Solana Beach Ca.

911 Tribute New York New York Hotel Las Vegas

Ok, after several attempts I finally figured out how to get the image to display properly.
It's amazing what happens if the instructions are read.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:
D

dekie

Landscape, behind my garden

First post here.

Trying out my new CZ135 I could't resist to ad this contribution in this excellent thread.

Any hints or comments welcome,
gr.

neilvan

A seasonal photo from my NEX-5 and the latest addition to the lens cabinet...a Vivitar 90-180mm f4.5 Flat Field Macro (heavy but very interesting lens).

Status
Not open for further replies.