The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeppelin

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Nice ones! Do you have some other Hexanon lenses apart from the 85/1.4? I'm considering the 40/1.8 as well as the 50/1.8 in search of a compact manual lens for the Nex.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Since May 15 was the 135th day of 2011 we did a day 135 on Dyxum. Lots of pics with the CZ135/1.8 and Minolta 135/2.8. However there were also some other interesting lenses used, Ever heard of a Marep 135/3.5 "preset" M39 lens? Well I didn't, but if you look here you can see some examples. Obviously there was also a Takumar and an STF in the mix.

Here's three of my shots, all with the CZ , the only 135 I have, but there's a lot more from many others in the thread linked above:

D

dpi2011

40,1.8 is okay but no match to (slightly more expensive lenses such as) 57,1.2 and 85,1.8. I have all three and I mostly use 57 because of its speed and IQ.

James Clark

Hey everyone. Found this forum doing some research on medium format, but I'm really impressed by the positive tone and the relaxed egos here compared to some other forums. Seems like most everyone here is confident enough in their talent level not to have to pull themselves up by pushing others down, which I think is a great testament to the people here.

Anyway, thought I'd contribute a shot that I took with my NEX (NEX-5, kit 18-55) on a trip to europe last year and I look forward to seeing more of everyone's work.

"Sanctuary"

Got up semi-early this morning and took a few pictures out behind the house:

...and some of the last few Pasque flowers of the year:

Both of those are five-shot focus stacks, but especially in the first, I should have stacked more, with focus points closer together.

Edit: Maybe one more for good measure:
The flowers in the second pic came out nice, but I especially like the third. Something I noticed while scrolling is that cropping the bottom away to arrive at a square format really changes the feel of it. What do you think?
Some portraits with the great combo, a900 / CZ135, on an early summer day in the city.
Dekie, some very nice shots there! The bokeh on all of these is great. The "human statue" shots show lot of subtle tones, very nice. Nice use of thin DOF on #3.
I definitely need an eyeglass but these ZA lenses are gems of all alpha mount optics.
I have to admit the shallow DOF makes perfect focusing more difficult.
Here is a bad sample
That will probably print great at postcard size though. It's still a good pic for some uses even if you didn't nail the focus.

One more ZA135.
Love the B&W flowers! How was it lit?

Since May 15 was the 135th day of 2011 we did a day 135 on Dyxum. Lots of pics with the CZ135/1.8 and Minolta 135/2.8. However there were also some other interesting lenses used, Ever heard of a Marep 135/3.5 "preset" M39 lens? Well I didn't, but if you look here you can see some examples. Obviously there was also a Takumar and an STF in the mix.

Here's three of my shots, all with the CZ , the only 135 I have, but there's a lot more from many others in the thread linked above:
Thanks Pegelli, I'm going to have to thumb through that link! At first I kept wanting to crop your first pic, but it didn't work... You've struck an interesting balance there. The third is intriguing, interesting choice of focus point.

EXIF intact on all... These from a car GTG on the 7th

135Z:

16-35Z:

Original Minolta 85 f/1.4, still crazy(good) after all these years:

135Z:

philber

This is my first post on this forum. Please forgive any noob mistakes, for which I apologise in advance. This is a bridge in Paris, shot with a NEX 5 and Zeiss ZE 35C f:2.8, a combo which offers tremendous IQ for the size IMHO.

LoSenior

Edward, Very nice portraits, the 85 is the one I use the most.

Dave, I enjoyed your last post, excellent as always.
Thanks for the comment on the Tulip. The picture was taken 5 days after Mother's Day. The Tulips were sitting on a table in front of the sofa with window light coming over the top of the sofa. It was a grey cloudy day.

There have been a lot of great pictures lately and more new names, Thanks to all of you.
Jerry

Ed, very nice... you almost have me convinced to give IDC one more try. :D

Thanks Jerry, and you captured some very nice light there. Well done!

:D

I installed it, not sure why explorer is not making thumbnails for my RAWS like it did with the earlier version on XP. I was hoping to get at least that much out of it. Tried fooling with my same low-key test shots that I posted on Dyxum, obviously I have to take a closer look tomorrow... something's not right.

All is well with my camera and LR though... caught this little guy this evening, handheld 400mm 1/160 f/8 ISO 160... and cropped to about 4MP. :grin:

K

kgior

The AMGEN Tour 2011 rode past my house on Sat.

This was about 15 min from the start, they were still in single pack.

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.