The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Jerry & Ed. :)

Ed, would you mind exporting your registry at and below HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.arw and emailing the resulting file? Also the file association info might be helpful, that's at Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations

edwardkaraa

Thanks Jerry & Ed. :)

Ed, would you mind exporting your registry at and below HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.arw and emailing the resulting file? Also the file association info might be helpful, that's at Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations
Sure, will do this evening.

Mark K

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

I am very poor using Nex5 with manual focusing lenses and most are out of focus
Here is one

redsim74

Fantastic image. Love the square composition too. :thumbup:

Hey everyone. Found this forum doing some research on medium format, but I'm really impressed by the positive tone and the relaxed egos here compared to some other forums. Seems like most everyone here is confident enough in their talent level not to have to pull themselves up by pushing others down, which I think is a great testament to the people here.

Anyway, thought I'd contribute a shot that I took with my NEX (NEX-5, kit 18-55) on a trip to europe last year and I look forward to seeing more of everyone's work.

"Sanctuary"

J

jcoffin

Every year about this time, the American tax-payers in their infinite generosity (or complete lack of say in the matter!) put on an air show for my exclusive benefit (though, being equally generous, I let the people across the way at the Air Force Academy graduation watch too). Perhaps, since most of you helped pay for it, some of you would like to see a few pictures! :)

My youngest son seems to find them at least somewhat interesting:

[All with Alpha 700, Tamron 70-210/2.8]

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've been away from this thread doing MF photography but today I had a visitor to my home and so the Sony 70-400 had to come out. (The wire was for Xmas lights and is not live!)
Bill

edwardkaraa

Edward
Love the colors in these shots. Thats what brought me to Sony from Nikon.
Joe
Thank you very much Joe :)

I have been using Neutral style in IDC recently, and I actually have discovered some color nuances that are impossible (for me) to get from ACR. I like the colors of Neutral so much that I'm revisiting older files and re-processing them.

Simon M.

Been away a bit recently - here a couple for some shorter adventrures. Both are a850 with sony 20/2.8 processed in C1.

Cheers,
Simon

Last edited:

pegelli

I borrowed a Nex 5 from a friend and (with an adapter) mounted an early 60's Leica M summaron 35/2.8
Here are some results taken in the Amsterdam Public library. I was very positively surprized by the IQ. Maybe I should get my own Nex :toocool:

exif inside, aperture ~ 5.6

Also tested it with a Leica M Elmarit 90/2.8 from the same vintage. Will post some of that later.

alphaman

Loving the pictures! :)

Quick question: Are there any NEX lens adapters that allow the green dot (focus confirmation) to work?

Hope this is ok to pose this question in this thread, any answers much appreciated.

Loving the pictures! :)

Quick question: Are there any NEX lens adapters that allow the green dot (focus confirmation) to work?

Hope this is ok to pose this question in this thread, any answers much appreciated.
sony said they would work with manufacturers to allow that.

but with focus peaking with the new firmware it is not necessary.

alphaman

Thanks for your reply, can you expand on how focus peaking works?

I'm probably going to put a Leica M lens or a Contax G lens on my NEX, do you have any suggestions as to which one would be better operationally?

I kind of favour the Contax G as it is more affordable, but it has been suggested to me that focusing may be problematic as the lens was never meant to be used manually and the focusing ring on the adapter is a bit of a "fiddle".

I'm probably going to put a Leica M lens or a Contax G lens on my NEX, do you have any suggestions as to which one would be better operationally?

I kind of favour the Contax G as it is more affordable, but it has been suggested to me that focusing may be problematic as the lens was never meant to be used manually and the focusing ring on the adapter is a bit of a "fiddle".
here's more about focus peaking
http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2011/06/sony-nex-focus-peaking-closer-look.html

I prefer M's since I can use it on my M camera.

monza

The Contax G adapter that I use works very well. The 35/2 Planar is a great match for a ~50mm effective focal length.

Status
Not open for further replies.