The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

It seems the high iso capability of the 5N is really good. See here
However I found the Nex 5 "original" is no slough either in that department:

Nex5|SummironM50/2|1/1250|f~4|Iso3200

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Great shot Keith!, did you notice any vignetting with the 12mm?
Almost zero, Carlos. The dark top left corner on the black and white image is part of the processing - can't see it on the original. I show between f5.6 and f11

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Thanks, Show Performance

Thanks Carl: today I went for a walk with the Sony C3 and CV 12mm, the Ricoh GXR P10, and the Minolta Maxxum 5 film camera with 28-80 zoom. My order of preference in ease of use and fun were:
Minolta
Ricoh
Sony

But I can't see my Minolta results for another week :(
The Ricoh is much better to handle and use than the Sony. I am using the tilt LCD on the Sony for shooting from my waist, but I did miss an EVF today (very sunny)
As you know, I love the P10 for the range it gives, but I think IQ from my A12 modules on the Ricoh are better than my C3

Keith

scho

Today was a trial with the Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar on the NEX-5N.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Beautiful images as usual Carl

I received my Rainbow Imaging m4/3 to Nex adapter today and can now make use of the dozen or so m4/3 adapters I have. Tried it with a Minolta MD today and it works great.
Trouble is, the same thing will probably happen with the GXR m-mount so I will be able to use a huge legacy collection on any one of three cameras. I'll be so long working out possible combinations no photography will get done :deadhorse:

Keith

scho

Beautiful images as usual Carl

I received my Rainbow Imaging m4/3 to Nex adapter today and can now make use of the dozen or so m4/3 adapters I have. Tried it with a Minolta MD today and it works great.
Trouble is, the same thing will probably happen with the GXR m-mount so I will be able to use a huge legacy collection on any one of three cameras. I'll be so long working out possible combinations no photography will get done :deadhorse:

Keith
Thanks Keith. I know what you mean - too many lens options can lead to gridlock :confused:

scho

Some variations on a recurring theme (from my daily walk) using the NEX-5N and CV 15mm f/4.5 SW Color-Heliar.

PenSon

NEX-C3 . Added some grain and one another colorrendering with DxO filmpack3.

_______
Trygve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.