The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

October is "one prime" month on Dyxum. This time over 100 people participating in a month long challenge to only shoot with one prime lens and post 1 picture with it every day (or 3/week or any other self inflicted challenge, as long as it is with only one prime lens)

I've chosen the A850 with an old Minolta 35/2 (a 2nd hand I got not too long ago and I am liking it better every day)

Here's some stuff I produced:

much more can be seen over here

fotografz

October is "one prime" month on Dyxum. This time over 100 people participating in a month long challenge to only shoot with one prime lens and post 1 picture with it every day (or 3/week or any other self inflicted challenge, as long as it is with only one prime lens)

I've chosen the A850 with an old Minolta 35/2 (a 2nd hand I got not too long ago and I am liking it better every day)

Here's some stuff I produced:

much more can be seen over here
Nice stuff with that good old 35! Yet another sleeper Minolta lens.

-Marc

pegelli

Nice stuff with that good old 35! Yet another sleeper Minolta lens.

-Marc
Thanks, I like the way it "draws" a picture and at larger apertures "removes" it from the background. And 30 cm MFD is not bad either for such an old design.

K

KostaU

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Carl Zeiss Biogon T* ZM 25/2.8

Konica M-Hexanon 90mm F2.8

Leitz Summicron 35/2 (iv)

P

pjn

I'm here in Devon & Cornwall UK, on vacation. This is my first post to getdpi, all done on a cheap laptop so I hope they came out OK. These Cornwall photos were taken with my a900 and a variety of Sony lenses.
-Pierre.

rubysky

NEX-5 + Japanese Summilux

Hello,

A few quick snaps with the NEX-5 and a Canon 50mm F1.4 LTM. I am quite happy with the rendering of this lens. No post processing has been done on the images, only re-sampling/resizing.

Autumn

Yellow Flowers

The Canon Glow

Canoe

Cement Factory

Yellow Wheel

Sincerely, Matthew

jonoslack

I'm here in Devon & Cornwall UK, on vacation. This is my first post to getdpi, all done on a cheap laptop so I hope they came out OK. These Cornwall photos were taken with my a900 and a variety of Sony lenses.
-Pierre.
HI Pierre - and welcome!
this is very much home territory to me - I grew up in St Ives, and we have a house at Brane. I'm intrigued to know where the deaf white cat sign is . . . it looks frighteningly familiar - you've done a good job on Lanyon Quoit, but seem to be missing the Men-an-tol - Is that the merry maidens or . . . .

Whatever - I hope you're having a grand time in my home county!

all the best

P

pjn

HI Pierre - and welcome!
this is very much home territory to me - I grew up in St Ives, and we have a house at Brane. I'm intrigued to know where the deaf white cat sign is . . . it looks frighteningly familiar - you've done a good job on Lanyon Quoit, but seem to be missing the Men-an-tol - Is that the merry maidens or . . . .

Whatever - I hope you're having a grand time in my home county!

all the best
Thanks, Jono!

I stayed in Carbis Bay for 8 days as a base. The cat sign is just off from Land's End A30 when you turn onto the B3315 (my wife has a 9kg white male cat). One of the ladies at the Apple Tree Cafe (below) gave me sticky notes on my Ordinance map of all the neolithic sites - good coffee too! Long story short, couldn't find Layon in daytime but did in pitch black with the windup LED flashlight I used for the photo. Men-an-tol pics not ready, I met the unwelcomed bull (below) coming back from there, alone deep in the misty moors surrounded by nothing but abandoned buildings, a 1km from my car. Not merry maidens (to come) but Boscawen-un (below), again at night. Last photo is it with 16mm fisheye.

Terrific 3 weeks, in Tosberry Devon now but leaving this weekend for home. Sent you a PM before I left Ottawa, but so much security now, probably did not get through.

4season

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

I just received the new 30mm macro lens and wanted to see how close it could focus (close!). I borrowed a famous image that made the rounds lately, scaled to 20x40 pixels. It seemed only proper that the pixels be provided by an iMac display.

Simon M.

One from a quick trip down to our reservoir last night, I'm loving the early evening light we've been getting this fall...
Cheers,
Simon

m_driscoll

Beautiful images in this thread. :salute:

Went downtown for lunch with my new gear:

1. A77; Zeiss 85mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ 1.4; ISO 125

2. A77; Zeiss 85mm f/1.4; 1/200s @ 1.4; ISO 100

3. A77; Zeiss 85mm f/1.4; 1/200s @ 1.4; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Status