The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Quentin, your quests are really lucky to stay in such warm and beautiful ambiance :)

Some winterfun in the Amsterdam Vondepark.

Michiel

V

Vivek

Isn't that Vondelpark, Michiel?

(It always brings a smile when I hear that name because of my compulsion to translate everything to English :eek: )

jonoslack

Ahh - here's a view from our living room window!

NEX7 with the 18-200.
Actually, it was -20 up there, and as I can't shoot with skiing gloves on I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. The images from the NEX7 are fine, but in that bright, high altitude light, neither the EVF nor the LCD were really visible to any reasonable extent.
Sorry if you've seen this in the NEX7 thread, this seems to be the place to be!

jonoslack

What were you using, Jono, nitro? :eek: :D

These are above our dining room table.
Honestly Quentin - we've had three go off now - no more chances - when the wax lights they go off like a flamethrower! One of them was 6" from a solid wooden wall, it burnt a 1/8" depression into the wood - seriously scary!

Pretty they maybe, dangerous they are!

Lovely shots - especially the house and the little blue shed (nice shed!).

Uwe - excellent as usual - I like the orange lorry best
Michiel - the park pictures are fine, but I like the streetcar at night better.
pegelli - I' like the grass,snow and backlight - and especially I see you.
Vivek - that' guy's mind is obviously as unfocused as he is himself! (he appears to be pushing the carriage itself)

All the best

jonoslack

It was snowing here last night - and a young friend came to play:

I went for a walk first thing - Caspar likes the snow, but wet english snow sticks to his feet:

His lamb got left behind to shiver:

all with the NEX7 and the cheapo 18-55 (it really is rather good)

V

Vivek

Ahh - here's a view from our living room window!

NEX7 with the 18-200.
Actually, it was -20 up there, and as I can't shoot with skiing gloves on I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. The images from the NEX7 are fine, but in that bright, high altitude light, neither the EVF nor the LCD were really visible to any reasonable extent.
Sorry if you've seen this in the NEX7 thread, this seems to be the place to be!
Lovely composition, Jono!:thumbs: I wasn't sure about the fuzz at the bottom (from the windowpane) but am sure it adds to the composition.

jonoslack

Lovely composition, Jono!:thumbs: I wasn't sure about the fuzz at the bottom (from the windowpane) but am sure it adds to the composition.
Thank you Vivek

:) The fuzz at the bottom is the mist filling the valley - no windowpanes up there! the bad bit was having to ski through it to get down to the bit below (brrrrr).

Quentin_Bargate

Never mention the fuzz at the bottom of a man's valley :D

but seriously, great view from your window Jono. I feel sorry for the frozen stuffed lamb...

And Michiel you are devloping quite a major series of window shots - and Amsterdam looks as cold as East Anglia! Just need a few pieces of "cake" to warm you up...

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Uwe, thanks for your generous comment! The NEX7 + Tamron 18-200 combo is great, and I'm rediscovering my love for B&W or near B&W (the latter reflected in my tulip shot on the fun with MF forum). What is also great is the modern printers like the Eposn 7900 do such a great job of printing monochrome without messing around with stuff like Piezography (which I used to use until all the inks started to fade...).

Jono, your lamb shot made me laugh! I actually feel sorry for the thing. And as I mentioned earlier what a great altitude shot!

So many other great shots from everyone I can't keep up or mention them all, but it does make it very enjoyable to visit this forum.

Quentin

J

jcoffin

re: Fun With Sony _____

Saturday evening I got some strawberries out of the refrigerator, but they'd gotten a bit too cold, so while I was waiting for them to warm up a bit I shot one:

A900, 100/2.8M @ f/8, 12 shot stack.

C

CoDaQue

NEX-5N + Voigtlander Heliar 15 M + B&W ND1000

Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.