The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Hi, Ingo. I'd imagine the problem with the 35 and 50 Summis on the Hawks is that they've got floating elements for close focus, so the Hawks probably throws everything off a bit.
Hey Douglas.
Yes, that might be the problem. I´m not that into lens construction but this sounds plausibel.
Anyway, the adapter works great and stopping down a bit for sharper pictures ist no problem.
I just miss the minimum focus distance from my Contax G lenses ;) (50 cm)

Ingo

etrigan63

Ren Fest started this weekend and i took my students on our annual pilgrimage. Here are some of my favorites - all NEX-7, RAW, processed with AfterShot Pro.

IMG_20120211_0603 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120211_0596 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120211_0581 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120211_0563 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120211_0553 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120211_0512 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120211_0498 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

V

Vivek

Michiel, Lovely portraits! :)

Carlos, Fabulous stuff there!:)

V

Vivek

Hey Douglas.
Yes, that might be the problem. I´m not that into lens construction but this sounds plausibel.
Anyway, the adapter works great and stopping down a bit for sharper pictures ist no problem.
I just miss the minimum focus distance from my Contax G lenses ;) (50 cm)

Ingo
One difference that Douglas might have overlooked is the wider apertures in the 'luxes compared to the Elmar. How do the 'luxes do stopped down (f/3.5 region to compare with the Elmar) in the close focus region?

etrigan63

Michiel, Lovely portraits! :)

Carlos, Fabulous stuff there!:)
Thanks Vivek. I used some wavelet sharpening + USM for clarity to get that "300" look on the knights. The Black Knight in the second shot definitely has a King Leonidas vibe about him.

V

Vivek

Michiel, Thanks. :)

I picked up the 50/1.8 earlier today.

A snap in the shop (f/1.8).

V

Vivek

That was shot at f/2 as well the two photos following it immediately, Hosermage.

The other two were shot at f/1.8.

So far, this what I think about this lens:

1. Less sharp than the E-Sonnar 24/1.8.

2. It makes up for that with the OSS.

3. Lens hood is hideous. The same combo I use on the 24/1.8 works on this as well.

Out of the 4 primes thus far, barring the 16/2.8 (dog), everything else is decent or excellent.

Oh, this lens also shows a bit of CA (not a big deal) like the E-Sonnar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.