The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich M

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

@ Rich Nice ones! How do you like that Zeiss on the NEX?

Michiel
Michiel.....it has the expected Zeiss POP and run towards the warmer colors. The lens is front heavy on the NEX, but then, most SLR zoom lenses are that way. I think it might balance better on the NEX 7. The 35-70 range is versatile.....a little wider would be nice. It's a lens I've had and sold three times....this time it is a keeper.

The lens I shot quite bit on my travels last week was the ZM21/2.8......stopped down, I was amazed at how cold the colors were......to get them to the same color range as the CZ35-70, I had to move the color temp up almost 1000K. Color shifting on the corners wasn't horrible, but noticeable. I think I will keep this one in the bag with the GXR.

I really like your shote with the longer CZ zooms.....so sharp. These are pretty heavy lenses. Any favorites? Do you use a tripod? If so, how?

R

Rich M

I purchased Canon FD 50 f1,8 (I think it is one of the older version). Here it is mounted on NEX-3:
Djordje......it looks nicely balanced on the NEX. 50mm is a nice focal length on the APS-C sensor.....and there are so many great fifty's out there.

R

turbines

That is a lovely composition Michiel. I really like the way the light is sifting down through the trees.

Paul

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel.....it has the expected Zeiss POP and run towards the warmer colors. The lens is front heavy on the NEX, but then, most SLR zoom lenses are that way. I think it might balance better on the NEX 7. The 35-70 range is versatile.....a little wider would be nice. It's a lens I've had and sold three times....this time it is a keeper.

The lens I shot quite bit on my travels last week was the ZM21/2.8......stopped down, I was amazed at how cold the colors were......to get them to the same color range as the CZ35-70, I had to move the color temp up almost 1000K. Color shifting on the corners wasn't horrible, but noticeable. I think I will keep this one in the bag with the GXR.

I really like your shote with the longer CZ zooms.....so sharp. These are pretty heavy lenses. Any favorites? Do you use a tripod? If so, how?

R
I was tending to that 21 ZM as well but I backed off (for now) because off my two system approach right now. I prefer lenses I can use on both systems. Can't use it on the NEX-7. It is a fantastic lens.

The C/Y 80-200 and the 100-300 are both very good zooms. The latter a little better. Most of them are shot with a tripod but it is possible to do it handheld as well as long you use the golden rule; minimal twice the speed of the used focal lenghts.

Best, Michiel

As a dog-fancier I really like pegelli's B&W picture with the 16mm/2.8. :) (Previous page)
Michiel: If I had to choose from your shop windows series I'd take the chocolate-shop. (Previous page)
Vivek: From the pictures you recently shared I like the couple with motion blur best. IMO you did right to resist making that snap with the "correct" settings. (Previous page)
Hosermage: Nice B&W capture of the passage. (Previous page)
Rich M: Like the B&W landscapes on the previous page best.

A short follow-up of Street Carnival:

All taken with NEX-5N and SEL 18200

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest.

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice work again, Woody!
Hermann, that last one is very much Fellini. A cigarette junky?

Here is one from yesterday. I just lifted my camera while walking and snapped.
It is a wonder that it is reasonable in focus.

Michiel

turbines

Some trials during lunch today with my new Sony DT 35mm f1.8 on the Nex5N.

ISO 100, No noise reduction, very light sharpening

ISO 200, No noise reduction, very light sharpening

ISO 200, No noise reduction, very light sharpening

ISO 1600, No noise reduction, very light sharpening

ISO1600, No noise reduction, very light sharpening​

scho

A few wildlife shots taken on a recent tour through Costa Rica using the NEX-5N with Sony 18-200 lens. More Costa Rica

White face monkey

Tiger Heron

Jesus Christ Lizard

Yellow Headed Caracara

A BIG crocodile

Guide feeding raw chicken to a croc

pegelli

As a dog-fancier I really like pegelli's B&W picture with the 16mm/2.8. :) (Previous page)
Thanks, I especially like your first sad clown and the other ones are alo colourful characters in more sense than one :cool:

Another dog shot, not a shop window, but who needs a window when it's nice and sunny weather ;)

V

Vivek

I was in Amsterdam for a few hours earlier. Could not manage a longer time.

I had the E 24/1.8 and the E 50/1.8 on NEX-7. First a bunch with the Sony E-Sonnar 24/1.8.

Both unexpected close encounters (24/1.8)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sandwich eating bicyclist ran into the frame.

These were deliberately shot (again 24/1.8)

pegelli

What a coincidence Vivek, I was a couple of hours in Amsterdam this morning as well.
I had the 5 and kit zoom with me:

Mural:

Hope:

Mousetrap:

Lots of water:

Status
Not open for further replies.