The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CoDaQue

More Overcooked Instambul...

Both NEX-5N + CV 40 1.4 MC

Thanks for looking!

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Spring is coming, saw the first bumblebees in the garden today:

A700 + KM 100/2.8 Macro D, exif inside

J

jcoffin

Very nice, Pegelli (and seeing a sign of spring is nice too)!

jonoslack

Reed Cutting in Walberswick

these will end up on the roofs of houses like that in the corner of the last shot:

All with the A77 and the SZ 24-70

uhoh7

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

@codaque love the cig!

70400g (300mm f/10)

sumicron 28

70400g (200mm f/5 1/80 iso800)

zm18

J

jcoffin

I think we have to ask Jonathan to quit posting his pictures! His sets are so nice it's hard to post anything afterward without just looking lame! :salute:

Oh well, I guess if somebody has to look lame, it might as well be me...

1. Misty Mountain, Frosty Flora

2. US Air Force Academy glider on tow near sunset

3. Insurance against a shortage of weeds next year

ustein

Contributing Editor

Good flash shot.

Can you tell more about HVL-F20AM and Flash modifier. Did you have it on camera? Does fill flash work fine?

V

Vivek

Thanks. :)

I bought the HVL20 from Kit, here. It is a perfect match (size) for the NEX-7.
This is the first time I experience ADI TTL. It is as good or better than Nikon's famed iTTL.

That was not fill flash but (almost) all the light was from the flash. Although fill flash works well. I have also become (quickly) accustomed to flash compensation. Now, i do not need trial and error for a given scene/subject.

On the modifier, I have to make some pictures of it and will show it later. It is self made.

João: Nice captures from your trip to Istambul: particularly like the porter in #1423 and the fisherman with the cigarette holder.

Uwe: A lot of great contributions to this page. My personal favorites are the shadow play in #1413 and the "abstracts" in #1420 and #1442.

Vivek, Michiel and pegelli: Nice street photography of Amsterdam.

Philippe: Sunrise at SF Bay Area brings back delightful memories ...

Hosermage

Well, call me a sucker, but I couldn't resist purchasing a very good condition 35mm 'Cron V4. Just received it today, and couldn't wait for lunch hour to take a few quick snaps. Went to the pier with my 5n on a very gray day.

Here's an interesting Panoramic shot because a seagull got caught as I motioned from left to right, after the images are stitched up, it looks like a flock of them flying in formation :)

ashwinrao1

Wasn't sure if to post here or in the NEX7 thread, as both seem active.....Let me introduce myself:

Hi all: It's Ashwin Rao. I am a frequent poster on the GetDPI Leica forum but recently was given the wonderful opportunity to own a NEX 7. I have been enjoying it on a trip through Argentina. I have come away quite impressed, so far, with the camera's capabilities, though I do find aspects challenging (getting the focus just right can be challenging in daylight, when focus peaking seems less sensitive and specific to the point of focus)....

Anyways, here are some images, shot over the past few days, with my travel set up (Zeiss 24 E mount, Leica 35 mm f/1.4 summilux FLE, Leica 75 mm f/2 Summicron, and Leica 135 mm f/3.4 APO Telyt), adapted via a Novoflex adapter....

Status
Not open for further replies.