The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

jcoffin, I like your two misty mountain range shots, especially the first.

However I think your sensor needs a mop up

ashwinrao1

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

The Tango, Buenos Aires-Style! (apologies for the technical quality of the files...I accidentally dialed up ISO a bit too high for some)...NEX7 and Leica glass (75 APO-cron and 35 FLE)

Ashwin: Very impressive and atmospheric set! :thumbs:

Inspiring me to contribute a pretty much alternative program. Since it's the last week of winter now, three more pictures proving, that winter also can show some beauty (for me at least):

All with NEX-5N, 16mm/2.8 @ f/9.0

Hope you like them and thank you for your interest.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Looking uber beautiful Cindy.....how does it handle? Is the new housing and helicoid feel stable?

R
Rich, I was really not expecting it to be so well-done. It is solid and looks very nice. Focus and aperture work smoothly. It balances nicely on the NEX 5N. Will try it on NEX7 when I get it next week. Shown here on my M6ttl 0.72. I have sent my Contax G 35 f/2 off to be converted. Can't wait to try it, too.)
(FYI This is Monza's Contax G 45 f/2 Planar. It has been converted to M mount.)

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice work contrelemonte! What/where palace is it?

Great Tango series, Ashwin!

Djordje, really like these compositions. Same subject as I am doing with my French facades series! (Mainly, till now in the Ricoh GXR forum)

Thank you, Cindy! I am really glad I went on the Contax Zeiss route with my NEX-7.
Amazing lenses. Here are 2 with the Distagon 28/2.8. great sharpness and as good (or better) as the Zeiss Biogon 25.
Nice detail work with your planar. Who converts them to the M mount? Monza?

Michiel

Nice work contrelemonte! What/where palace is it?

(...)

Michiel
Michiel: Thanks for your kind feedback! It's the forefront of "Schloss Nymphenburg" in Munich ...

From the pictures you contributed recently I like "High Noon" in Mers les Bains best. :thumbup: (Would have faded the nasty green sign on the right a bit however, but that's just me.)

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Michiel, Your work has such a painterly feeling with the Zeiss. They are all just amazing.
Yes, check with Monza (Robert Jagitsch)

Thank you, Cindy! I am really glad I went on the Contax Zeiss route with my NEX-7.
Amazing lenses. Here are 2 with the Distagon 28/2.8. great sharpness and as good (or better) as the Zeiss Biogon 25.
Nice detail work with your planar. Who converts them to the M mount? Monza?

Michiel

Hermann, I like that you got down low to make this photo. I'd like to see that beautiful architecture in the background up closer in the future. It looks so interesting.

Ashwin:

[/CENTER]

João, I love this moody photo.

NEX-5N+VC 40 1.4 MC

Thanks for looking!

(...)

Hermann, I like that you got down low to make this photo. I'd like to see that beautiful architecture in the background up closer in the future. It looks so interesting.

(...)

Cindy: Thanks for your kind remark! And your wish is my command of course :). Those below are at least a bit closer and in future (i.e. in the spring) maybe even one more step forward, who knows :).

All with NEX-5N, 16/2.8 @ f/9.0

Last edited:

Taylor Sherman

Hi all! Great pictures everybody.

Here are some of my faves from recent shootings w/ the Nex cameras, trying to get a sample of different lenses on both the 5N and 7.

Nex-5N w/ Biogon 2/35 ZM

Nex-7 w/ Biogon 2/35 ZM

5N w/ SEL30M35 macro

7 w/ 1961 Leitz 135/4 Elmar

7 w/ Zeiss Planar 2/50 ZM

5N w/ Planar 2/50 ZM

7 w/ Contax G (Zeiss) Sonnar 90/2.8

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Cindy: Thanks for your kind remark! And your wish is my command of course :). Those below are at least a bit closer and in future (i.e. in the spring) maybe even one more step forward, who knows :).

[/CENTER]

Thank you, Hermann. I especially like the way you composed this one. The building (palace?) is beautiful.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Taylor,
It is really interesting to see the rendering of the different lenses in the hand of the same photographer. It takes out the unknown of differing post-processing skills. I especially like the rendering of the 50mm Planar. The 90mm Contax G is one of my all-time favorite lenses, and I really like how it rendered the truck.

Hi all! Great pictures everybody.

Here are some of my faves from recent shootings w/ the Nex cameras, trying to get a sample of different lenses on both the 5N and 7.
7 w/ Zeiss Planar 2/50 ZM

7 w/ Contax G (Zeiss) Sonnar 90/2.8

Taylor Sherman

Thanks Cindy - yes I was really pleased with the way the truck picture turned out.

One caveat - those pictures do span a fairly broad range of post-processing. I transitioned from using PSE to using LR 3.6 during the time that those were taken. Lightroom is good, I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.