The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Taylor, Your photo is beautiful. I'm also happy to hear the good news about the Nokton on the NEX-7.

Thanks Matt and Michiel! The 50/2 ZM is definitely a keeper as well.

I'm also so far really happy with the CV Nokton 35/1.2, I just got it to replace the Biogon 35/2 ZM which had magenta shift issues. So far I don't see any corner issues with this one, though at 1.2 there is a general pinkish cast over the whole image, which is trivial to adjust for.

Here's one of my favorites from this weekend:

Nex-7, Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.2

Check out the "original" size to see the detail from this lens - I don't remember the aperture, probably 5.6 or 8 however.

All sizes | DSC01723.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The bird really adds to this very nice photo.
Very nice shots FlyPenFly.
Here is one from Market:
Michiel, I love this series and hope they keep coming. I also think that these brick facades really show up the strength of the C/Y Zeiss lenses on NEX7.:thumbs:
Some more from the French facades series.

Michiel

Taylor Sherman

Thanks again Cindy!

Michiel, nice series - #38 (the first) is my favorite! I often find my eyes drawn to images like that too.

Rich M

Turquoise jade vine (Strongylodon macrobotrys)

Guardians

Ulu ... immature breadfruit

R

Michiel Schierbeek

Beautiful Rich! Both the sculpture and plants, so sharp and exotic!

BTW All my postings in horizontal mode have been fuzzy due to a fault in an action I made for my framing in PS. A drag really. I did repair a lot already.

Michiel

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Hello everyone !
Here are some pics from Mallorca a week ago.
Since it is soooooo quite in the Nex-5n thread I thought I would repost here. (and posting here in the future too)
Enjoy :)

PS: Really nice pictures Rich_M ! I like the first one the most. Which lens is that ?

Have a nice evening !

Ingo

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Cindy and Uwe :)

Here are some from a warm spring day in the Vondelpark Amsterdam with this mirror fun lens from Minolta.

Michiel

By the time he finished that one, the spring will blow his mind.​

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Michiel - those are great images, but that lens puts off some very distracting bokeh. Especially in the 1st image - the crowd in the background looks like a bunch of "empty circle heads" :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks a lot, Mike. Yes, it is a bit of a - you love it or you hate it - thing.
Although the background can work out quiet differently.
Don't take a picture with a lot of bikes - lots of them over here- in the background, then the amount of circles drives you nuts.
But the lens is very small (without hood it almost looks like a standard 50mm lens) and ables you to really observe people from a distance without being to pushy.
And it is rather sharp for a mirror lens.

Michiel

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Hey Michiel,
can you post a picture of the lens mounted on the Nex? If possible from above, so I can see how long/big the whole thing is.
I'm searching for a small tele lens for some time now...
Thank you in advance :)

Ingo

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Michiel - yes, those images are quite nice for a equiv 375mm f5.6 compact lens!

I'm also interested in seeing a photo of the lens mounted to your NEX-7. This is an interesting travel telephoto option.

V

Vivek

Michiel - those are great images, but that lens puts off some very distracting bokeh. Especially in the 1st image - the crowd in the background looks like a bunch of "empty circle heads" :)
Actually, I think, the "empty circle heads" is a perfect choice here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.