The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I've been notified that my A7r on order from WEX is ready but there is now way I am taking up the opportunity until the 55/1.8 I also placed on order is ready.

Maybe I'm missing something here but releasing a body without the lenses to go with it (I already have a RX1 so I am not going to purchase the 35/2.8) is a bit strange.

I'll probably miss my allocation this time and have to wait until the planets align and a A7r body and 55/1.8 lens are available at the same time.

Anyone know when the next blue moon is set to occur?

LouisB

Knorp

Couldn't agree more
I will not press the buy button
I WILL not press the buy button
I WILL NOT press the buy button
I WILL NOT PRESS THE BUY BUTTON

:cry::eek::facesmack::chug:
I WILL PRESS THE BUY BUTTON
I MUST PRESS THE BUY BUTTON
I DID PRESS THE BUY BUTTON

See ? Easy peasy !

You can do it :lecture:
:p

Michiel Schierbeek

I've been notified that my A7r on order from WEX is ready but there is now way I am taking up the opportunity until the 55/1.8 I also placed on order is ready.

Maybe I'm missing something here but releasing a body without the lenses to go with it (I already have a RX1 so I am not going to purchase the 35/2.8) is a bit strange.

I'll probably miss my allocation this time and have to wait until the planets align and a A7r body and 55/1.8 lens are available at the same time.

Anyone know when the next blue moon is set to occur?

LouisB
Hi Louis, it is for people who have some other lenses lieing around :D

BTW Even the 35mm is not here till december 9th :confused:

V

Vivek

As I said earlier I am very happy with the pen F 60/1.5. Why change a good combo? :)

The shots are from cold, windy and dark night, a few hours ago. All high ISO (3200, 6400..) and on dynamic subjects.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Olympus pen F 60/1.5, f/1.5

Knorp

Yes, Bart. :)

And incidentally, I found those precious little M flash caps. :thumbs:
Ha excellent ! We still have to set an appointment to exchange the flash caps and your macro lenses, Vivek.

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

I did take out my Canon 50/0.95. It is delicious on the A7R. Practically useless for my shooting but reserved for the "bokeh" shots.:)

camping

Vivek

Thanks for the excellent photos with the 60 mm pen F lens.

Will you be testing the 40 1.2 and 1.4, 100 mm, and 150?

This will become my carry around set. (including 60mm)

And then there are the R's starting at fish eye????

Thanks again.

Paul

lambert

Re: Evening stroll A7R with Leica M 50 Lux wide open

Just a couple of frames wide open from this lens. I haven't taken any serious test shots with it but some casual frames imply that it won't be sharp to the sides until F5.6 or 8 and even then not at all 'surgically' so. But for softer work, or work where the edges don't matter but you want good sharpness at F1.4 it seems very nice. I have done no colour shading tests yet.
I may be the exception, but I never shoot landscapes wide open with any M mount lens.

Almost all Leica lenses need to be stopped down to at least f5.6, on both the M9 and M240, if critical sharpness is required across the frame.

Here's a couple of quick test shots with the M9 / 28 Summicron combo shot at both f2.0 and f5.6.

View attachment 78808

f2.0
View attachment 78809

f5.6
View attachment 78810

Status
Not open for further replies.