The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

The first frost:

DSC04287.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

A7R,Canon L 24-105/4, Metabones Smart III, @ 105mm F5,6 ISO 100

DSC04285.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
Same as above​

The 25-105 is not the very best lens on (and from) Canon, but it works very good with the A7.
AF, though slow, is working as is IS.

Annna T

I saw that but then I have to buy a kindle first....:confused:
You aren't limited to the Kindle Reader. You can download a Program Reader for Kindle books on your desktop (at least one for Windows machines) and there is a Kindle app for iPads and probably for other kinds of tablets. I'm using an iPad and have also downloaded photoshop and LR books on my Win7 desktop to have them available when I need them.

V

Vivek

Vivek, only R- and K-lenses for my A7r.
M-lenses for my M-cameras ... :)

Kind regards.
Hi Bart, The Hektor 12.5cm f/2.5 isn't a M lens! :poke:\

BTW, those who have not seen or handled one, should not! It is just too gorgeous! :D

Since I am keen on history, I do not mind mixing and matching any of my gear. Anything that works, I will use.

It is time reveal what the lens was in the first post: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/548893-post1.html and why I insisted that it was the appropriate start.

Barnack Sony by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony A7R, Hawk Peng focusing helicoid, Minolta M2 adapter, Summar 42/4.5

You can google Oskar Barnack and the creation of the first 35mm film camera to find out about the history of the 42mm Summar.

(This was the lens, 42/4.5 Summar first used for a compact 35mm film camera)

fotografz

Hi Bart, The Hektor 12.5cm f/2.5 isn't a M lens! :poke:\

BTW, those who have not seen or handled one, should not! It is just too gorgeous! :D

Since I am keen on history, I do not mind mixing and matching any of my gear. Anything that works, I will use.

It is time reveal what the lens was in the first post: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/548893-post1.html and why I insisted that it was the appropriate start.

Barncak Sony by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony A7R, Hawk Peng focusing helicoid, Minolta M2 adapter, Summar 42/4.5

You can google Oskar Barnack and the creation of the first 35mm film camera to find out about the history of the 42mm Summar.

(This was the lens, 42/4.5 Summar first used for a compact 35mm film camera)
Defreakinglicious!

Yes, a very appropriate first image indeed.

Me thinks Barnack would be perplexed at the "rich man's girth" his invention has acquired ... and would directionally approve of the A7's more demure size. I liked that article about Sony becoming the new Leica in that regard. :thumbup:

- Marc

V

Vivek

Defreakinglicious!

Yes, a very appropriate first image indeed.

Me thinks Barnack would be perplexed at the "rich man's girth" his invention has acquired ... and would directionally approve of the A7's more demure size. I liked that article about Sony becoming the new Leica in that regard. :thumbup:

- Marc
Thank you, Marc! :)

That isn't a show piece or something as a talking point. What is a better subject than the postman who delivered the A7R to show an example (terrible lighting conditions and there was no time fiddle around with anything but again, that is not it is all about).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Leitz Summar 42/4.5, f/4.5, ISO1600

(A bit of vignette was added in the post, in the downsized image)

algrove

rayyen

Thanks so much for this image as I have been holding my breathe about using that R lens. Mine has never been used to date. I bet my 15/2.8 will work fine in the corners too. If so, then I will sell the 19.

I saw the 21-35 produced acceptable (to me) images. So if I can keep my M for M lenses and use the a7r for R lenses, all is good.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Thanks for that! The book is on my computer now!:)
You´re welcome :)

Here are some pics and some 100% crops shot with the infamous Contax G 35mm f2

The blue light picture is @f2 and an additional center crop.
The windows picture is @ f4 and one additional crop @ f2 and one @ f4 both from the same extrem corner (upper left)

Two more pictures are shot @f2.
A Bratwurst and a Goldbär :loco:

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.