The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

That sounds so strict; Could you not try it out once just to see how it is, stttt....I wan't tell anyone.....:p
Hi Michiel,

certainly like to try my Hektor, even got the LEM/VIS adapter, so perhaps one of these days I"ll buy the NEX/LEM adapter too.

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Technically V mount and historically a slide projector lens. ;)

V

Vivek

One more with the "pin hole" lens. :D

Sony A7R, Leitz Summar 42/4.5, f/4.5, ISO1600, 1/160s, Mixed lighting

tashley

Subscriber Member

Kitsch Canaletto fun with 35 Lux FLE at F8 cleaned up with a calibration shot and LR flat field plugin, then tweaked…

Ron Pfister

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase an A7R during a trip to the UK (many thanks for the assistance, Tim!), and I've had the camera for a couple of days now. While I've been able to set it up to my liking and to take a few snaps in a hotel room, I haven't really had time for quality photography so far.

I had hoped this would be the case this afternoon, but when I finally was at the site of an old derelict dockside crane I've been eyeing as an interesting subject for a while, it started pouring and the light faded very quickly. :(

I was able to grab a single frame (see below), which proved to be very malleable in post despite the low-light situation in which it was taken. I hope I'll have more time to spend with the A7R this weekend. So far, I'm very happy with the camera and it fully lives up to my expectations.

V

Vivek

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase an A7R during a trip to the UK (many thanks for the assistance, Tim!), and I've had the camera for a couple of days now. While I've been able to set it up to my liking and to take a few snaps in a hotel room, I haven't really had time for quality photography so far.

I had hoped this would be the case this afternoon, but when I finally was at the site of an old derelict dockside crane I've been eyeing as an interesting subject for a while, it started pouring and the light faded very quickly. :(

I was able to grab a single frame (see below), which proved to be very malleable in post despite the low-light situation in which it was taken. I hope I'll have more time to spend with the A7R this weekend. So far, I'm very happy with the camera and it fully lives up to my expectations.
Congrats! :)

Hope your sample can shoot color as well. ;):p

OK, one more brick wall testing, well, sort of ...

Munich, Neue Pinakothek

A7R, Canon FDn 24mm f/2.8, @ f/6.3, 1/100s, ISO 6400, handheld, mixed lighting, uncorrected on purpose :)

BTW: Although in a museum nobody seemed to be upset by the shutter sound, me even less :) Indeed, so far much fun with the A7R.

philber

Congrats all for the new cams and good work!
Ron, is that at Leica R 28 vII? In any case, beautiful shot!
Nice work, contrelamontre!
I should be getting mine tomorrow, and then I need decent weather, or else I will pull out my Elmarit R 60 Makro. Should be sharp enough, methinks...

Ron Pfister

Congrats all for the new cams and good work!
Ron, is that at Leica R 28 vII? In any case, beautiful shot!
Thanks for the kind words, Philippe! Much appreciated. Yes, the lens is vII (E55). It can be a tricky piece of glass due to fairly pronounced field curvature, but it works very well for subjects such as the above.

One more from the series "Testing the shutter sound of the A7R under adverse conditions":

"Munich, Neue Pinakothek"

A7R, Canon FDn 24mm f/2.8, @ f/6.3, 1/100s, ISO 2000

Ron Pfister

Congrats! :)

Hope your sample can shoot color as well. ;):p
Thanks, Vivek! It looks like it can, although I've set Creative Style to B&W and the weather has been so dreary here that one might think the world has turned monochrome… ;)

Edit: to avoid misinterpretation, I use the B&W Creative Style merely as a focusing aid (combined with maximum sharpening and peaking in red). I only shoot RAW, hence these settings have no effect on the capture. The image above was converted from RAW to DNG with Adobe DNG Converter 8.3 RC, and then developed in LR4.4.

Last edited:

Although even better responsiveness would be nice, the A7(R) is by no means a bad camera for street photography, on the contrary ..

"Downtown Munich"

A7R, Canon FDn 24mm f/2.8, @ f/6.3, 1/100s, ISO 2500

Gbealnz

Some great shots coming from you guys. I've had mine for a few days, as well as the 35mm. I hope to try some of my "other" lenses on it at some stage.
One question. I have LR4.something, and CS4. the Adobe DNG Convertor, will it work with these? It was always my understanding that it only worked with CS6, and LR5, is this correct?
If so, how does one "open" the RAW files? I will probably update to LR5, but right now I want to work with what I have.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.