The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbealnz

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Thanks Vivek, I'll try that. In the end I figure a LR update will happen, just being tight at the moment.
Gary

yatlee

A cold and windy morning in Beijing.

Sony A7r, Leica Summilux 50 ASPH.

Last edited:

fotografz

After re-reviewing this thread, I must say I am mightily impressed with the aggregate of all the images, and how natural they look and feel. Congratulations to everyone for some excellent images.

That so much has been achieved in so little time bodes well for what Sony has presented us. Usually there is an initial "struggle time" :banghead: with a new camera and new sensor. That so many different individuals, shooting different subjects, in different conditions, using different lenses, have already revealed such potential is quite remarkable IMHO :thumbs:

Looks like there is no where to go but up as the camera falls into more and more hands.

All I can say is ... where the heck is mine B&H! :cussing: I feel like a kid at Christmas ... something that doesn't happen very often anymore, being a jaded and skeptical buyer of a lot of gear over the past.;)

Looking at the image qualities of your collective work, I am honestly beginning to believe that this is the companion to my big gun Leica S2 more than other choices I am currently struggling with ... er, testing.:confused:

Happy "Sony Snaps" to all,

-Marc

W.Utsch

The "Victoria-Building" in Mannheim, Germany.
A diamond shaped building with very sharp corners on two sides. If you look at the building close to the side it looks like a big disk or piece of paper standing in the air:

DSC04316.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

ZE 35/2.8 @ 6.3

DSC04321.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Same as above

DSC04339.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Canon 24-105/4 L , 24 mm @5.6

DSC04337.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Canon 24-105 L , 73mm @ 5.6 PP in LR5.3​

fotografz

Looking at some of these impressive images shot with Canon lenses ... maybe Canon should also source their sensors from Sony ... :ROTFL:

- Marc

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member

After re-reviewing this thread, I must say I am mightily impressed with the aggregate of all the images, and how natural they look and feel. Congratulations to everyone for some excellent images.

That so much has been achieved in so little time bodes well for what Sony has presented us. Usually there is an initial "struggle time" :banghead: with a new camera and new sensor. That so many different individuals, shooting different subjects, in different conditions, using different lenses, have already revealed such potential is quite remarkable IMHO :thumbs:

Looks like there is no where to go but up as the camera falls into more and more hands.

All I can say is ... where the heck is mine B&H! :cussing: I feel like a kid at Christmas ... something that doesn't happen very often anymore, being a jaded and skeptical buyer of a lot of gear over the past.;)

Looking at the image qualities of your collective work, I am honestly beginning to believe that this is the companion to my big gun Leica S2 more than other choices I am currently struggling with ... er, testing.:confused:

Happy "Sony Snaps" to all,

-Marc
BH is said to have the A7R on DEC1 .

V

Vivek

Mr.Steen Bondo kindly gifted me with a E to Nikon F adapter and I put that to use with the 20/3.5 AiS Nikkor.

Poor light shot.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Nikkor 20/3.5 AiS, f/8, 1/15s, ISO3200

V

Vivek

Even less light. No hood was used (I don't have the proper hood for it) and handheld snap.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Nikkor 20/3.5 AiS, f/5.6, 1/15s, ISO6400

Michiel Schierbeek

It is really swinging around here!

In Bruges, Belgium today.

This photo has actually been shot with the C/Y Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.5 (to lazy to correct the text)

Last edited:

Ron Pfister

Better light and more time to spend with the A7R today. Below a sample taken with the C/Y Sonnar 2.8/85.

Edit: mentally comparing this image to similar scenes photographed with the same lens on the D800E, I'd say that the A7R delivers more detailed images. For a definitive answer, a side-by-side comparison is of course needed (which I can't do at this point, since I don't have the D800E with me).

Ron Pfister

Yes, there are and it was - but I could not resist the incredible old crane :)

Edit: I find myself using the EVF much more often with the A7R than I ever have with the NEX-6 and 7. I have yet to compare them side-by-side, but it seems to me the A7R's is much more pleasant to use.

D

Deleted member 7792

Yes, there are and it was - but I could not resist the incredible old crane :)
Ron,

Excellent crane series. Did you use nik (Google) Silver Efex to convert to b&w or some other software? And how did you accomplish your framing with EXIF? I've written some PS scripts to do that and am always interested in what others use.

Joe

Ron Pfister

Many thanks for the kind words, Joe! I exclusively use LR for my B&W conversions. I love how drastically you can adjust well-focused images taken with modern sensors after converting to B&W. I inject the lens-specific EXIF info into my RAW files, (ab)using the jb CaptureTime to EXIF plugin, but LensTagger is probably the better option these days. Both of them use Exiftool. For rendering the EXIF on export, I use the LR/Mogrify 2 plugin. Takes a bit of fiddling to get everything just so, but works flawlessly thereafter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.