The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

A slight mod was needed to make the Olympus pen F 100/3.5 to avoid tiny dark corners. Normally, I don't even keep a frame (if I happen to take one) that does not have any people in it. This one is an exception.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Olympus pen F 100/3.5, f/3.5, ISO500

No vignette correction was done.

A 100% crop to read the brand of the bicycle (no sharpening here).

100% crop by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

W.Utsch

Some with the Elmarit M 21 and the Apo-Macro R 100/2.8.

The 21 PP with LR5.3 flat field plug in.

camping

Vivek
What was the slight mod on the Pen F 100 mm? Removing the baffle in the back?
Have you tried the 150?
I will be getting the A7r in the new year and have already studied the 38 which you mentioned that you filed down.
I think that using the pen F's is the biggest surprise with these new cameras.
Thanks for all your eclectic info
Paul

Ulfric Douglas

Very good post! Exactly what I want to see with this new camera and ... a lens. Probably similar to a Jupiter-8 but sharper, right? That's a sonnar too ... or am I confused?

I had to look this up to find out what it was exactly ;
Some A7r with Zeiss 50mm Sonnar lens.

Alfetta GTV.

Now I want one.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Paul. I will put all the eclectic info together and post it in a separate thread in due course. :)

Vivek
What was the slight mod on the Pen F 100 mm? Removing the baffle in the back?
Have you tried the 150?
I will be getting the A7r in the new year and have already studied the 38 which you mentioned that you filed down.
I think that using the pen F's is the biggest surprise with these new cameras.
Thanks for all your eclectic info
Paul

cunim

Beautiful images.

Try putting the camera in "airplane mode", selected in the wireless menu. Wi-fi and NFC are power drains, so disable them if you're not using them.

Graham
Gosh, this is what happens whenever I put the camera in airplane mode.

Elmar 135/4 at f4. First lens I own that shows no corner effects when wide open.

Last edited:

anGy

Very good post! Exactly what I want to see with this new camera and ... a lens. Probably similar to a Jupiter-8 but sharper, right? That's a sonnar too ... or am I confused?

Alfetta GTV.

Now I want one.
You want the Sonnar or the Alfetta :angel:

Sorry, can't help with the Jupiter-8, don't know it.
I would not say the Sonnar is sharp at f1,5. Some sharpness starts to show at f2,0. F5,6 however is very good (rem: also using tech cam so am quite picky on lens resolving power)

Thorkil

Alfetta GTV.

Now I want one.

...you should definitely go for an Alfetta....all this photography stuff is way too much hyped....
(but perhaps some slimmer tires…they might be sharper...out in the wide open)
:)angel:)

thorkil

Thorkil

Some with the Elmarit M 21 and the Apo-Macro R 100/2.8.

The 21 PP with LR5.3 flat field plug in.

..amazing!..that means I can use my beloved and way too much underrated 21Elmarit-M if I can correct in C1
thanks!
thorkil​

V

Vivek

Michiel, It looks to me that the 250 Rokkor is more manageable on the A7R than the NEX-7. What is your take?

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, It looks to me that the 250 Rokkor is more manageable on the A7R than the NEX-7. What is your take?
Not so sure yet. I never used it for landscapes on the NEX-7 only on people.
It looks like the A7r sensor out resolves the lens, not so with the NEX-7.
But I have to try it on people, to make a good comparison.
But now we get grey days again :(

(If you mean by manageable, focussing; the answer is yes)

Ron Pfister

It looks like the A7r sensor out resolves the lens, not so with the NEX-7.
Hmm - this should not be the case, at least not in the center. The pixel pitch of the NEX-7 is quite a bit smaller than that of the A7R (actually, the A7R's is almost identical to that of the NEX-6).

Michiel Schierbeek

Hmm - this should not be the case, at least not in the center. The pixel pitch of the NEX-7 is quite a bit smaller than that of the A7R (actually, the A7R's is almost identical to that of the NEX-6).
Oké, scientificly it can not be, but I seem to remember better files, but as I said it is very hard with the posted subjects to check sharpness in that jungle of branches.

Well here is one with the NEX-7, more sun and closer by, but crisper.
The second one, less light and a little farther away but it looks like nothing really comes in focus :confused:

Not very scientific testing but my memory serves me well.

the second one looks to suffer from a little camera shake... or perhaps shutter slap vibrations?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.