The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Had a play around this arvo to see if I could provoke CA. It is still there from f2 to about f4. However I had to point the lens at an area of very high contrast (slat blinds with Australian midday summer sunlight coming through) in order to get it to become visible. I think the reason I haven't really noticed it is that with 36MP the area of the image made up of CA is small enough not to be a real issue unless you go to look for it. I can see it when I have the focus magnfier on, but not with the EVF at it's normal resolution.

Edit: Had a play with my CV 35/1.2, ZM 50/2 and even a Nikkor 85/2 SLR lens that a friend lent me and they all exhibit CA wide open to a degree. In the case of the Nikkor it never gets any better. With the Planar and the CV 35/1.2 it's gone by f4 similarly to the ZM85.
Could you post a pic of the lens mounted in an adapter, showing the rear?

bcm

Will get one tomorrow for you. The adapter is a Hawk's.

A7R + CV 35/1.2 - Otto von Groogleburger the 1st - Lord of Bayswater

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Fun at f/1. :)

Sony A7R, Wild Heerbrugg 9.8cm f/1, f/1, ISO4000, 1/125s

Taylor Sherman

Summicron-R 35/2 @f/2

Summicron-M 28/2 @f/2. Adobe flat-field plugin used. Strong vignette on the right side due to electronic first-curtain shutter. I wish that option could be disabled for shutter speeds > 1/2000. . .

CV Heliar 15/4.5 @f/8, Adobe FF plugin used

Ron Pfister

Summicron-M 28/2 @f/2. Adobe flat-field plugin used. Strong vignette on the right side due to electronic first-curtain shutter. I wish that option could be disabled for shutter speeds > 1/2000. . .
That's a brilliant idea! How about a new thread strictly limited to suggestions for improvements? This would allow Sony to find them all in one place, if they care to look...

V

Vivek

Adobe flat-field plugin used. Strong vignette on the right side due to electronic first-curtain shutter. I wish that option could be disabled for shutter speeds > 1/2000. . .

CV Heliar 15/4.5 @f/8, Adobe FF plugin used
Yes, I think you can. If that isn't possible the e curtain does not work while in the continuous shooting mode.

The FF plugin cleans up the color issue nicely but what to do with the mush from the Cosina 15? That lens is absolutely a horror on the Leica MM.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Did you process the pic, Mark K ?

Otherwise it is not a Fisheye pic.
The distortion would be different ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.