The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

For the majority of images I've taken today, I had the A7R set at ISO 50. The results are extremely clean. Below an example I pushed really hard in post, yet it didn't break (2EV push, +60 Contrast, +20 Shadows, +60 Clarity). Noise remains very low, despite all this. Impressive!
Interesting that you had good results at ISO 50, Ron.
So far I had no use for anything below ISO 100.

Did others run a test at ISO 50, 64 or 80 and what are your findings ?

TIA

Kind regards.

shtarka1

Hermann, very nice geometry & comp. :)

Vivek, Love the Kids Smiling with the X-Mass Tree!

Ron, Insane IQ & Comps!

Ron Pfister

Interesting that you had good results at ISO 50, Ron.
So far I had no use for anything below ISO 100.

Did others run a test at ISO 50, 64 or 80 and what are your findings ?
Bart, I don't usually use these ISO pull settings, either, but someone else pointed out how good ISO 50 looks with the A7R (perhaps in the Shutter Vibration thread?), so I gave it a try, and I am pleasantly surprised.

According to what I've read, the implementation of ISO pull values varies from one camera manufacturer to another (some do this during the analog stage, others after A/D-conversion), with varying outcomes. I don't know what the implementation is with Sony cameras in general, and with the A7R in particular, but I do want to do a controlled test soon, comparing ISO 100 to all pull values, using a variable ND filter.

I'd be curious to hear what others have found, too...

V

Vivek

Like Ron, it is that shutter vibration thread and Victor's post made me check out ISO50. It is just awesome! I have ordered a set of soft boxes, umbrellas, flashes and such (these are very cheap nowadays, cheaper than a Leica M lens hood -all together!!) for portraits and macros, indoors. Will come in very handy.

jlm

Workshop Member

this guy is testing a new google prototype: in that prism he can see his I-phone screen, all wi-fied, take voice commands, etc
egad, Brother is out there

scho

Finally stopped snowing for awhile and I took a short walk around the marina with the A7R+M-Rokkor 40mm f/2. Vivek was right on with this little M lens - perfect for the A7R with no major faults. Thanks Vivek!:thumbs:

jlm

Workshop Member

bought a bottle of New York whiskey from this fella:

entire set with 35mm FE

Last edited:

Thorkil

my fave wine store in NYC (and fave car):
:thumbup: Hi Jim, could you be persuaded to write which lens you is using, so that all we thread-tourist quietly can evaluate upon all of your findings and pictures?
thorkil

jlm

Workshop Member

just added it: the sony 35FE for this group. still getting used to the camera, mostly all at 400iso, 2.8 or so and jogs with a tiny lightroom tweak here and there

can anyone explain how to hook up an i-phone for remote shutter, etc?
i loaded the sony play memories app, got the a7 to upload images to the phone, but couldn't figure out what app to get for the remote shutter…tried one but it was for different sony product (TV?)

Status
Not open for further replies.