The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunim

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Shoot a CC or light solid color wall. I don't think there is any difference between our two adapters..... As long as they are flat and the correct thickness to reach infinity they should be the same. Vignetting is no big deal but was just curious if you see it. Odd that its with my 90.

Victor
Victor, we should probably put this in a different thread, but I am not bothered by minor vignetting. I am bothered by MTF degradation in the corners. Some is always there, but the 90 seems relatively immune. I will try a flat field but that does not show the MTF problem. Need to put a resolution target in the corners for that. I believe Ron does that sort of thing.

W.Utsch

Werner, thanks for these fine landscape pictures; They were just what I needed to push over the edge and buy the FE55. Is this lens now freely available in Germany?
Yes it is available in Germany know.
Bought it @ the Sony Online Store.
You won't regret buying that lens, as i don't.
Its lovely in every respect: Fits and looks good with the A7's - no, it is not to big (the hood is very big though) - Handels smooth, light, AF is very good and it is SHARP from corner to corner. Its the best 50 i tried (Leica M+R, Canon ...) on the 7.
I cite "Highly Recommended"

Regards

vjbelle

Thanks Cunim and Victor. Victor, are you using the latest Voigtländer helicoid adapter, or the regular?
I'm not familiar with the adapter you are referring to. My Voightlander is the VM mount which is available from various dealers.

Victor

V

Vivek

One of my test shots with a newly acquired flash. The focus is not where I wanted it.

Sony A7R, M Rokkor 90/4, f/5.6, 1/160s, ISO64, One soft box

I had to reduce a few things to avoid "crunchy" areas that shows up when down sizing.

philber

Yes, Ron, you are right. This is interesting, because Cosina published that the VM-E would be better for FF E-mount than their regular VM. And Hawks' published pretty much the same about a new iteration of their adapter, while Rayqual indicated that their adpter was not suitable for FF. This suggests that, on APS-C, the internal diametre of an adapater didn't matter much, but that, on FF, the tight E-mount requires as large a diametre as specified and no less. Else, corner performance goes down the drain...

vjbelle

My dealer (CameraQuest) has that adapter in stock ($309.00) vs ($179.00) for the M. By corner performance I assume you are talking about vignetting. Focus performance is more a factor of the lens itself. The small amount of vignetting that I see with my 90mm is really small.... only noticeable on certain images. It is, though, different than other types of vignetting I'm used to - almost like abrupt steps. Still, not a big deal.

Victor

Ron Pfister

I think the culprit causing the vignetting with the VM Adapter is what I would describe as the baffle attached on the inside of the E-mount. My Voigtländer Nikon F adapter had the same exact baffle, and I removed it. The same can certainly be done with the VM Adapter, but be aware that the rear mount has to be removed to do so. The rear mount is likely shimmed with very thin washers that *must* go back exactly where they came from. Also, the newly exposed and highly reflective inside surface of the rear mount needs to be painted with matte black paint (a paint marker will work well for this). It's do-able, and IMO worth it, because it is a very nicely made piece of kit.

Michiel Schierbeek

Talking about bars, this is the most versatile beer bar in Amsterdam called "Wildeman".
Beers from all over the world that's why you see a lot of English folks for the English beers.
I go there for the supurb Belgium (monastry) beers.
The fellow looking at me is English.

Shot @ ISO 4000. (forget about that with the NEX-7)

vjbelle

I think the culprit causing the vignetting with the VM Adapter is what I would describe as the baffle attached on the inside of the E-mount. My Voigtländer Nikon F adapter had the same exact baffle, and I removed it. The same can certainly be done with the VM Adapter, but be aware that the rear mount has to be removed to do so. The rear mount is likely shimmed with very thin washers that *must* go back exactly where they came from. Also, the newly exposed and highly reflective inside surface of the rear mount needs to be painted with matte black paint (a paint marker will work well for this). It's do-able, and IMO worth it, because it is a very nicely made piece of kit.
I'm very mechanically inclined but I don't think I'm going to take my adapter apart. I've done all sorts of tuning for my Alpa which is another long story. Tech cameras - all of them - need to be fine tuned so I've had lots of practice in this area. Anyway, would be interested to hear from you if your Novoflex has 'any' vignetting.

Victor

Ron Pfister

Anyway, would be interested to hear from you if your Novoflex has 'any' vignetting.
Haven't noticed any when shooting with the APO-Telyt-M 135, and that probably means there's nothing to worry about (deeply recessed rear element).

V

Vivek

Guys, why not discuss this adapter business in the adapter thread? Do you use the camea to capture photos, do share them. :)

May be even diglloyd has some tests on them, you probably should check. :)

vjbelle

Guys, why not discuss this adapter business in the adapter thread? Do you use the camea to capture photos, do share them. :)

May be even diglloyd has some tests on them, you probably should check. :)
I agree this should be in another thread. Maybe you should subscribe to Diglloyd???:eek: Might learn something - like what not to purchase or if you should test something for yourself.:D

Victor

pozzello

A Montreal landmark :)

A7R with Canon 24mm TS-E

and a full size crop of the 40"x 50" image :

Literally translates to "Your soul. What you earn for your sin is hell. Paradise only exists for the righteous."

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.