The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Pushing my luck even further ... :rolleyes:

ISO400, F8.0, 1/50th, Ev -0.3

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

Ron Pfister

Ron, here is a link to an TIFF of the "office shot", you can download and inspect the pic, if you want.
Just exported from LR with no adjustments at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s4xg4g5wcp185b/DSC04900.tif

I can't find any color shifts. The posted pic was edited a little in LR (Highlights, shadows and rectified).

Very quick, with little care, i ran that pic through the flat field Plugin (with the white one posted as reference) and the outcome was definitive much worse than the original: It changed to colors!
Many thanks, Werner! Looks like your A7R has been getting a serious workout. :thumbs:

I think you're correct - the shift I saw must be due to multiple stages of JPEG-mangling. And due to the two very different light sources at play, it really is unsuitable image to judge color shift to begin with. My bad!

If you take your white shot, however, WB in the center and then look at the RGB-values in the corners, you'll be able to tell for sure if there's any shift.

The reason I asked is because I read that this can be an issue with this lens (at least with the early ZF-version - no idea if there were any changes in coatings, etc. between that and the ZF.2/ZE). Is yours new?

scho

Waiting for my wife to finish physical therapy session I took a stroll around the campus and took a few shots with the A7R+Rokkor-M 28mm f/2.8. Both shot at f/6.3 and raws processed in C1, exported as tiffs, and then resized (50%) for jpg export from LR. The 28 Rokkor is an old beater copy (lens barrel wobbles a bit), but it can still produce OK w/o corner problems.

mjm6

OT here I am screwed by UPS. My stuff ( adapter and goodies) are stuck in Dallas. Tomorrow

Grrrrrrrrr. Early happy hour coming

Hahaha... sorry for the painful waiting you have to endure!

My a7r just arrived (including a Sony A adapter, and I got a few cheap M adapters yesterday) so I will be doing some testing and trials this weekend...

My current camera arrangement is a Leica M9 and a slew of lenses and the Sony a900 and a slew of lenses, mostly Leica R, Leitax adapted to the Sony.

So, one interesting thing is that I can compare the Leica M 50mm e43 Lux on both appropriate cameras, and also the Leica R 50mm Cron on the other two appropriate cameras, for example.

Pretty much from 18mm (ZM) - 19mm R II through to 50mm, I have comparable lenses in both mounts, except I never got the Lux versions of the R lenses; they were just too expensive to go there, and even worse now...

Overall, I expect the R lenses to perform better, based on what I have seen and been reading.

I'll report back with images soon...

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Great shots Mikal. We must provide some counterweight against > 80% a7(R) threads on the first Sony page. I know it's an awesome camera but we're being overfed :banghead:

We had a band over at Lunchtime at work, a great show by SX, an up and coming band from Belgium and quite photogenic as well.

A850 + KM 28-70/2.8G

A850 + CZ 135/1.8

NEX6 + E50/1.8

NEX6 + E50/1.8

Hope you like em. C&C welcome :toocool:

Knorp

Shot with the Vario-Elmar-R 1:4.0/70-210 that proved to be quite a handful at 210mm and a lot of wind.
But I like the colours.

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

P,

I agree. This weekend I am shooting more hip hop at the halftime of a big college basketball game, and then on 1/14/14 I am shooting a Hassidic music festival where three or four nationally known artists will be performing. The Rabbi running the festival doesn't have the coin for a real photographer so I volunteered. I think I may rent another a900, or I may just use an M6 with an 85/2.0 Nikkor and some high speed color slide film, or HP5 b&w.

Marc (fotografz) is coming to Florida to shoot my son's bar mitzvah so I will get a chance to play around with the A7R. We will see. The good thing is that I don't have the money handy to buy one of those babies. That is a good thing.

Nice shots by the way. The a850 still acquits itself nicely!!

Got my A7R a couple weeks ago, but haven't much chance to get out with it. I did have a business trip to sunny Florida last week and little bit of time to get out and shoot.

Sony A7R with Contax Zeiss 35-70mm (all but last photo)

This one is with the Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8 FE

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

I spent the last two days, on and off, reading this whole thread; I will definitely be getting an A7. I have to finish a book off first (my partner is very strict about such things...) but I am collecting a number of decent lenses in the meantime.

I have not seen many Oly shots here, but I have an excellent 28/2.8, 40/2, 50/1.8, 50/2 macro, 50/3.5 macro (I will try both and sell the one I like the least) and can't wait to try them on it. I have been waiting for a camera like this ever since the beginning of digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.