The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Hermann: Thanks. I been looking at your great architectural photos.
(...)
Cheers, Matt

Matt: :D But thanks anyway!

Like the motion blur of your wife's hand on top of Shard and the view to the stretch of track (in B&W). And from the second set the beautifully captured particular WA light :) in the harbor shots. Happy Holidays to you and yours (special greetings to your wife - you know, why)!

V

Vivek

Nice attempt at a juxtaposition of new and old architecture and the corresponding "cue state". FWIW: Unfortunately the strange light tail of the boat on the Amstel (?) and to a lesser degree the prominent positioning of the bus are killing it IMHO.
While I do not agree with you entirely (the bus, I agree with), I appreciate your comments on the photos, in general. I think the "whoosh" from the boat is an integral part of the picture. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice attempt at a juxtaposition of new and old architecture and the corresponding "cue state". FWIW: Unfortunately the strange light tail of the boat on the Amstel (?) and to a lesser degree the prominent positioning of the bus are killing it IMHO.
Thank you for the comment Hermann!
The curved tail of the boat correspondences well with the curved line of the bridge, I think. So I disagree :p

Thank you for the comment Hermann!
The curved tail of the boat correspondences well with the curved line of the bridge, I think. So I disagree :p
It's your picture, so you're the last resort anyway and no need for justification.
I would even share your opinion, if the motion blur of the boat/the lights of the boat would allow the viewer to recognize the streaks as a boat (i.e. exposure time a bit faster). But as Wolfgang's request (post #1345) illustrates as well, that's apparently not the case, but on the contrary the phenomenon leaves the viewer perplexed.
But, then again, see my preliminary phrase.

While I do not agree with you entirely (the bus, I agree with), I appreciate your comments on the photos, in general. I think the "whoosh" from the boat is an integral part of the picture. :)
The comment, plain and simple, proves my interest in the picture resp. the content of the picture (i.e. the juxtaposition of old and new architecture). The critique is meant in a solidary and constructive way. In detail vide supra my answer to the particular point of the light streaks.

benroy

Subscriber Member

Let's stick to the "fun with" part of the thread, gentlemen...enough with the nit-picking!
Have a great Christmas, one and all.

Roy Benson

V

Vivek

Let's stick to the "fun with" part of the thread, gentlemen...enough with the nit-picking!

Roy Benson
Hi Roy, Not nit picking. Hermann, if I understand his thinking correctly, goes by text book compositions (not meant in the slightest way to lower the value!) that has its own great significance. Mr. Schierbeek is an artist and is quite loose about anything (be it technical or art) and there is the difference.

As the saying goes, "exceptions conform to the rules". :)

To me both are educational.

Have a great one! :)

Hi Roy, Not nit picking. Hermann, if I understand his thinking correctly, goes by text book compositions (not meant in the slightest way to lower the value!) that has its own great significance. Mr. Schierbeek is an artist and is quite loose about anything (be it technical or art) and there is the difference.

As the saying goes, "exceptions conform to the rules". :)

To me both are educational.

Have a great one! :)
Vivek: Good post! No, not at all nitpicking. Coming from a scientific background (day job), but involved in cultural/artistic circles as well, it's business as usual for me always struggling for the best. This implies crititique necessarily and it's part of the fun of it. And as always: some take it easy and are quite eager for critical suggestions and others are not: each to their own. Critique always only can be an offer.

And BTW: No interest in text books from my side.

Ben Rubinstein

Quick portrait of one of my ex students sister who came with her for a visit. A7r @ iso 8000, Super Takumar 50mm @f2. The coatings on the lens make for awful colour but glorious B&W.

Michiel Schierbeek

Roy Benson
Hello Roy,

There is no problem on commenting on the composition/content of images because I know people on this forum are serious and civilized and most of all equiped with a healthy dose of humor.
I am used to talk about content more so then on techics but I like both.
I don´t feel offended (quickly) only when it is unreasonable, which it wasn´t at all.
So, I am good and happy and wish you a merry christmas as well and I hope it is not to cold up there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.