The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I love that third one. A real keeper, full of mystery, i love the darkness in which the blue people are sunk and the contrasting red poles of light..

A few shots from a trip through darkest Amsterdam.

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

Mark K

Great picture Mark! Curious to know how much you like/recommend the Samyang 14/2.8 on A7's? They just announced that they will soon come out with a native E-mount version for full frame. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Very much. I can give it a 4 stars out of 5. I was told one should be sinful not to buy this lens

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Keep the images coming. I learned a lot from them and it helps make good decisions for folks. These fun image threads are more a help than you think.

J

JohnW

Learning the A7, which just arrived. One with the Contax G 90. I'd love to hit the streets with it, but it's 5 degrees F now, so I'll shoot around the house a bit. - John

Last edited:

Learning the A7, which just arrived. One with the Contax G 90. It's 5 degrees now, so I'll shoot around the house a bit. - John
John: A perfect start with your new camera. Knowing your photographic preferences meanwhile quite a bit I'm pretty sure, you'll really like it after getting used to the different but - especially in comparison to the NEX - (IMHO) quite decent handling.

PS: Particularly hope you'll like the tonal transition for your B&Ws. And again, I'm quite sure, you will (though my reference for these assumptions is the A7R, that I use since a few weeks - but, I suppose, both versions aren't different in that regard).

Last edited:

fotografz

My latest "Family Portrait."

(Sorry, not shot with the A7R since it was the subject ... but still fun.)

Sony should have done a baby announcement :ROTFL:

- Marc

MikeMcC

I own the 21, 28, 35, 45 & 90 Contax G lenses. I would consider buying an A7 or A7r but only if I knew that it would work with these lenses. Could anyone here with hands-on experience give me a quick summary of what works and what doesn't? It would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

J

JohnW

I own the 21, 28, 35, 45 & 90 Contax G lenses. I would consider buying an A7 or A7r but only if I knew that it would work with these lenses. Could anyone here with hands-on experience give me a quick summary of what works and what doesn't? It would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Mike, the portrait four posts above is with the G 90. I just got the camera and have not done any analysis on the lens, but wanted to point that out as one example. I've read that the 90 is excellent on it.

John

Ron Pfister

From what I've read and seen, the 45 is fine as well, while the 21 and the 28 are not. Don't know about the 35. This all refers to the A7R - don't remember the results with the A7.

Status
Not open for further replies.