The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I heard from a friend that it is very difficult make photos in Amsterdam central station because it is so dark. :eek:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2, Amsterdam

V

Vivek

Almost near the start of the "light festival" in Amsterdam (Waterlooplein).

V

Vivek

How fun was it? That is a "storm umbrella" folks! Cold, wet and stormy!

Shutter vibration?!

V

Vivek

I have >100 pics from the Amsterdam light festival but I will share this series, albeit pictured in utter darkness and under UV ("black") light. The 3 frames were in the shot in the order shown.

(I gave a thumbs up after the young man noticed me taking photos)

A cautionary note to anyone planning to visit this: Wear a safety goggles with good UV cut properties! The artist has put a couple of high pressure mercury UV lamps that blast away enormous amount of dangerous UV! I did not see any warning signs there!

Taylor Sherman

Learning the A7, which just arrived. One with the Contax G 90. I'd love to hit the streets with it, but it's 5 degrees F now, so I'll shoot around the house a bit. - John
Wow, that's wonderful. I didn't know the G90 could do this, and I have one! :) But I'm only now getting to use it on full-frame.

scho

I own the 21, 28, 35, 45 & 90 Contax G lenses. I would consider buying an A7 or A7r but only if I knew that it would work with these lenses. Could anyone here with hands-on experience give me a quick summary of what works and what doesn't? It would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
I have the same lenses. The 21 and 28 do not work well with my A7R (corner/edge smearing), but the 35 and 45 planars are fine as is the 90 sonnar.

W.Utsch

**** Merry Christmas ****

To all of you!!!

Because of you it is a great pleasure to be part of this fantastic forum.

The Heidelberg Castle in its Christmas lights!​

V

Vivek

The art installation. 1943, an actual victim's letter from the Nazi concentration camp.

Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2

V

Vivek

Thanks! I felt much better (the cold, rain and the wind became inconsequential) about the weather last night.

Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2

Status
Not open for further replies.