The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

A couple of shots through the kitchen window with the A7R + Contax (C/Y) 180mm f/2.8 Sonnar. Only 8 degrees F here this AM.

fotografz

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Olympus pen F 60/1.5, The Hague
Nice catch Vivek! Such natural color.

Is the Oly 60 a FF lens or are these crop frame?

How are you shooting these street shots? Pre-set Hyperfocal distance? Or are you focusing each one through the viewfinder or on the LCD?

Your timing is excellent, which seems to defy the lag question.

Thanks,

- Marc

darr

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (or as we say here, "Nollick Ghennal!") to all.

I've recently joined the A7R fun, but haven't had much time to take it seriously. Here are three from a couple of recent trips to London, all with CV Nokton 1.5/50:

Absolutely love this shot!!
Merry Christmas from Florida,

Darr

Ben Rubinstein

Picture from my sisters (Orthodox Jewish) wedding. The groom studies the 'Ketuba' marriage contract while the head of his rabbinical college looks on. A7r with Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 wide open. ISO 5000.

V

Vivek

Nice catch Vivek! Such natural color.

Is the Oly 60 a FF lens or are these crop frame?

How are you shooting these street shots? Pre-set Hyperfocal distance? Or are you focusing each one through the viewfinder or on the LCD?

Your timing is excellent, which seems to defy the lag question.

Thanks,

- Marc
Hi Marc, Thank you! :eek:

It is the half frame lens. Bought it from a shop in the midwest (USA), they won't let me buy from here so I had to pester a friend to buy it for me and ship it. Tried to sell it to fund the MM but no one would buy it! So, the virtually new lens is now seeing quite a bit of action.

Like I was discussing with Michiel, one has to get in to the "mood". Nothing else other than the frame is in the mind. The lens is always at 5m but is changed quickly between 2 and 5 to focus. Most are waist level (LCD). Some are through the EVF.

The shutter lag- non existent to me as I can train myself to trip the shutter ahead. As I mentioned in another thread, if I switch to the MM to shoot, under the same conditions, I would have ended up with a blank frame. It takes a while to switch to another camera with a different lag.

Thanks again! :)

jsf

Ben, that super takumar is one very interesting lens. And Vivek, your observation on the training it takes to time for the lag is right on. To Ben and Vivek your skill levels always impress me. Joe

MikalWGrass

Ben, great shot. I know the A7R is a great camera and can do many things, but it couldn't add a few years to the groom? Just joking. Mazel tov to you and your family.

V

Vivek

Ben, that super takumar is one very interesting lens. And Vivek, your observation on the training it takes to time for the lag is right on. To Ben and Vivek your skill levels always impress me. Joe
Joe, Thank you for your kind words! :) The camera is really nice and it does make sharper pictures with stationary subjects. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2

V

Vivek

ISO 2500/3200

Summicron m 50 summicron r 50 summilux r 80 all full open
Very nice, Sergio. Just could not help notice the difference in sharpness between your shots and that from A7 (Taylor's) with the 80/1.4 Lux!

Status
Not open for further replies.