The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbealnz

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Well, I can't compete with all you guys and your stunning street/portraits/landscapes, but I wanted to at least post something.
Taken last night, with a skim of high cloud which helped settle the seeing, but did little to assist with the transparency. From the backyard.
A single 3 minute shot, ISO800, and I used the in-built N/R (something I wouldn't normally do.
If I was to get any more serious, I would need to shoot a dozen or more, as well as the dark frames (and not use the in-built) plus a flat field (if I stretch it any more you can plainly see it needs a flat, there is vignetting).
Not THE most sensitive camera I have used, but given that many pixels, being that small, no wonder.
Scope was a Takahashi FS60 (355mm f5).
Gary

Shashin

Well, I can't compete with all you guys and your stunning street/portraits/landscapes, but I wanted to at least post something.
Taken last night, with a skim of high cloud which helped settle the seeing, but did little to assist with the transparency. From the backyard.
A single 3 minute shot, ISO800, and I used the in-built N/R (something I wouldn't normally do.
If I was to get any more serious, I would need to shoot a dozen or more, as well as the dark frames (and not use the in-built) plus a flat field (if I stretch it any more you can plainly see it needs a flat, there is vignetting).
Not THE most sensitive camera I have used, but given that many pixels, being that small, no wonder.
Scope was a Takahashi FS60 (355mm f5).
Gary
That is actually pretty good. The Running Man nebula is really well defined. You must have really nice skies.

Gbealnz

Thanks Will.
Sort of nice, town is coming to greet us, with the associated lights etc.
I've been wanting to try this since I got the Sony, having used an X-Pro 1 ages ago, (and that really shined at night, believe me).
I'll try this again sometime, and do the job properly.
Gary

Gbealnz

OK, one more, just been playing in Lightroom (4.4, and I'm not going to upgrade just to be able to use LR, I'll work around it as long as I can).
From the Boxing Day Races, with the 35/2.8.
Gary

Annna T

I like this first one very much. Although the crane seems to stand in a rather delicate situation. But this is the disturbing element catching attention after a while.

Just bought this (rare) lens today. A little to late for the light to work with.

elegil

hello everyone
very first post here
i spent a lot of time dreaming about nice pics here, especially in the medium format topic...
and i thought it was finally the time to share something...
I had a lot of gear in the past frome 5D and 5D mk2 to D800e... My favorite was maybe the rx1... But i sold everything for a... A7r....
Already have the 35mm and the 55mm should be here on monday...

but today, i would like to show you a pic took with a 105mm VR from nikon as i didnt see any in this thread i think
use is an hell as the novoflex adapter give a very poor information about the aperture used but well... the A7r do miracles...

not perfect of course but it give a decent idea of this marvelous "survival knive" (wine and saucisse tool ;) ).
And the 4K is still correct. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
i think there is too much aperture, this glass should give little more sharpness with such a camera...
Cant wait for a good macro FE lense ...

scho

We had an early January thaw today (50 F) and lost most of our snow and ice. Two shots at the city park with the Rokinon 14mm T3.1 + A7R followed by two with the Sony 55mm f/1.8 Sonnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.