The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Hi all: Since this thread is "Fun With", that is exactly what I am doing. Being a 76 year old Amateur, I have no bounds or restrictions on my time, and my taking liberties to make images I like. Here are two with the A7R. Both are montages. The foreground for both was made with A7R and 35mm FE Zeiss, ISO 400, f8, 1/125 second, camera on wooden railing for added steadiness. The sunset sky was same camera and lens, ISO 400, 1/125 sec f8, hand held. The sun rays sky was same camera and lens, 1/1600 sec f8. Bird from my collection added PP.
Best regards to all and Happy New Year from the South Jersey shore
Dave

retow

The ZE 1.8/55 is an outstanding lens. Imo there is no reason to prefer adapted 50mm lenses over the FE 55 on the A7r unless they offer something unique such as a Noctilux, Noct Nikkor, Konica Hexanon 60mm. I prefer the consistent output of the ZE when compared to what I get with the Summilux 50 asph, Summilux 50 non asph, Sonnar ZM 50.

Last edited:

Gbealnz

Loving the FE35/2.8. From a trip earlier today.
I converted it to mono within LR, but decided the blue sky and yellow went together nicely, so reverted to the colour.
Gary

Mark K

Packed a D800, 80-400 AFS for a hiking but..eventually took them out replaced with an A7 and some lenses for the weight. FE 35f2.8 is incredibly sharp but the old Minolta 24-104D does not perform well....

Rawfa

Thanks, guys. Some more tests with the kit zoom (vignette added on post).

cunim

A7r, 'cron 90 asph, f5.6, 2.5 sec
Lacquer dish. Not sure it works (reflections) but the camera did fine

Knorp

What the hell is making that noise ...

| leica vario-elmar-r 1:4.0/70-210 |

jonoslack

I have been photographing harbours for a long time but this camera is at a whole different level.
All handheld.
They're fantastic Michiel. I sometimes visit a company in Schiedam right next to the seaborne crane dry dock. Amazing stuff, but I never really get time. Where are these taken?

........handheld speaks to me!

Michiel Schierbeek

They're fantastic Michiel. I sometimes visit a company in Schiedam right next to the seaborne crane dry dock. Amazing stuff, but I never really get time. Where are these taken?

........handheld speaks to me!
Thank you Jono! First one in Amsterdam and the other three in Ijmuiden.
Rotterdam is more spectacular but it is farther and it is harder to get close to things or I don't know the right places.

Status
Not open for further replies.