The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Honestly I looked at the images and I knew. Than all the extra features the D800E was lacking like great live view and the no focus peaking . Im sure we can say the same for the A7r what it maybe lacking but this is far nicer to build a two system kit one based strictly on manual focus high end lenses for the horsepower and features of the A7r and the A7 as my AF kit with some nice AF lenses and the needed extra speed for work that does not require 36 mpx. Seriously for me I view this as a perfect 1-2 punch that other systems are a day late and a dollar short on. Now we still need native lenses and have to cheat a little till they come out but Sony seems very aggressive here on product. Canon is asleep at the wheel IMHO and Nikon I still have some hope for but I am very impatient. So I jumped

The one beauty in this unlike medium Format is you can flip flop a little and not get a 40 thousand dollar brick on your hands. Selling My Nikon system and going Sony all the way was about a extra 3k which given the moves I made is not bad. I gained a lot on the second body over a D5200 backup to the A7 which is a big jump. Thats basically where the costs lie. For me that was what I needed too a REAL backup and useful tool like the A7.

BTW I know I go on a little about these buying decisions but to be honest I know you folks are thinking like me and I have done a lot of this decision making and expressing my views hopefully I share my knowledge to you folks to make smart buy decisions. I hate the PM's that say i bought the wrong damn thing and what advice can I give. I don't mind that part but feel terrible that folks sometimes don't think through these tough calls. Medium Format stuff is huge on the sales ticket and making mistakes there can be deadly. So please take my rambling sometimes in the spirit it is written to help others. Thats why I am on this forum.

PSon

Because YOU, Jono, Marc, Tim, Vivek, et al did all the "rambling" and I and others have to do all the reading; new camera but nothing new.

scho

Took a New Year's day walk along the Six Mile Creek trail below my house. All taken with the A7R+M-Rokkor 28mm f/2.8. I batched the files through Exif Editor to add common exposure data and lens info to exif before processing in LR5. No ff corrections so you will see some corner color shift and vignetting. Click for larger image and command E for exif info.

Last edited:

scho

Very sharp...and very cold! Happy New year, Carl.

Roy Benson
Thanks Roy and Happy New Year to you as well. We have a big snow storm coming tonight so thought I had better get out for a long walk before it arrives.

scho

Another posing squirrel, A7R+M-Rokkor 90mm f/4 at f5.6. I call this one "Innocence". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dchew

Beautiful snowfall the last few days. Went for a hike along the Chagrin River.

70-200 f/4 IS, a7r
ISO 200, 1/500, f/4

Dave

GDI

I am finally see what I was hoping for from the A7r - sharp and detailed photos, with few jaggies an no worm track sharpening artifacts! All I had to do was switch to C1.

This is with my pre-Asph 90mm Summicron-M, It looks good except the purple fringing in the corners, which C1 does a good job on in this shot). I posted this at original size on Flickr, so the detail can be seen.

Capture1__DSC1267_200_Jan 01 2014 by gdi2003, on Flickr

benroy

Subscriber Member

Nikon 180/2.8 ED w/A7...heavy, large, but balances well...worth the effort...lens with great sharpness, contrast. More to come from this lens later in the week.

Last edited:

Knorp

Nikon 180/2.8 ED w/A7...heavy, large, but balances well...worth the effort...lens with great sharpness, contrast. More to come from this lens later in the week.
Excellent Roy and especially the one with my favourite subjects of yours: the lizards ... :)

Kind regards.

W.Utsch

Rayas...Trevallon...not bad :) Fits quite good in-between shooting sessions with the A7...

Welcome and cheers to Luxembourg!

Werner

PS:
Don't forget the Pavie and Chambertin (is that A.Rousseau?)

elegil

yes, Rousseau. What else in Gevrey ? Groffier maybe :)
you know yours classics :)
i love german wines btw, especially from baden (like Hubert) or Moselle (like Egon muller)

Status
Not open for further replies.