The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidL

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Three with the Noctilux, all at 0.95

hunting birds

watching Sim

Sim
So good to see the old cat again, was getting worried.
Would love a file of my cat smuggling days in Norfolk, if you still have it.
David in not so sunny Devon

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member

Few more holiday snaps with the A7R and 28-70. Am also using the Macro Elmar F4 90mm, which is utterly stellar and the best travel short tele imaginable. Will post some later.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
re: Fun With Sony _____

Toronto harbor and Lake Ontario - wind chill -40 degrees C.

Sony A850 and Minolta 70-210

Keith

cunim

Winter grapes. It was -18C and winds of 50 kph when I recorded this.
A7r, FE55, f4, 1/800

tashley

Subscriber Member

Lovely snow shots from Cunim and Paulo - I am so envious. I love shooting snow a lot more than beaches... but I'd rather be on a beach. Hmmm.

Ben Rubinstein

A7r, Pentax Super Tak 50mm f1.4, David's Tomb, Old City of Jerusalem.

@f8

@f1.4

@f4

Amazing to believe that the first and second images are from the same lens! Regarding the first shot I used to have to stitch with pro lenses and bracket to get close to the resolution, tonality and DR I'm now getting from a single handheld shot with a 50 year old lens at iso 5000. Fraction of the PP time too. It's a pain in the neck camera much of the time but I've rarely enjoyed shooting more...

jonoslack

So, let's go to the beach . . . put the Leica 80-200R lens on the A7 and see if it's possible to get shots of the dogs haring around at 100mph . . . . .

Matty flying

Gotcha

Caspar's Revenge

Shall we stop fighting and get that Spaniel?

DriftRope

Upshot is that I got a really good focusing hit rate (all shot at f4) Camera turned to shutter priority to try and catch the action . . . . It works, and it works well.

jonoslack

So good to see the old cat again, was getting worried.
Would love a file of my cat smuggling days in Norfolk, if you still have it.
David in not so sunny Devon
Hi David
She's fine - nearly 14, but showing no signs of age - she's subdued the new puppy and still spends much of her time in boxes and bags. Can you remember when it was you came (and I'll see what I can find).

scho

No longer snowed in, but now the below zero windchill kept me indoors. Just playing around with focusing the Rokinon 14mm at near MFD (11 inches) on the A7R.

fotografz

So, let's go to the beach . . . put the Leica 80-200R lens on the A7 and see if it's possible to get shots of the dogs haring around at 100mph . . . . .

Matty flying

Gotcha

Caspar's Revenge

Shall we stop fighting and get that Spaniel?

DriftRope

Upshot is that I got a really good focusing hit rate (all shot at f4) Camera turned to shutter priority to try and catch the action . . . . It works, and it works well.
Whew, glad you labeled the last pic Jono ... at first glance I thought it might be the remains of that Spaniel :eek:

:)

-Marc

fotografz

Few more holiday snaps with the A7R and 28-70. Am also using the Macro Elmar F4 90mm, which is utterly stellar and the best travel short tele imaginable. Will post some later.

Sigh, such warm serenity. Well done :thumbup:.

Brings back fond memories of many weeks spent visiting various Caribbean islands. Anguilla being one of my favs.

(Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... record cold here and buried in white stuff.)

Leave for Miami tomorrow AM ... Thank God!

- Marc

tashley

Subscriber Member

Sigh, such warm serenity. Well done :thumbup:.

Brings back fond memories of many weeks spent visiting various Caribbean islands. Anguilla being one of my favs.

(Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... record cold here and buried in white stuff.)

Leave for Miami tomorrow AM ... Thank God!

- Marc
Thank you Marc... I had a massive Rum Punch this evening and it has left me feeling warm and serene... Enjoy Miami, hope it is warm there? Try the Soho Beach House for lunch. It is really a very cool place!

Status
Not open for further replies.